leaving Verizon
jwr1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just wanted to share my nightmare that has been the last four days.  You see I moved.  After spending $$$ on a phone line I never wanted to get DSL, I decided to switch to Comcast Internet and drop my Verizon phone & Internet.

Only I discovered that apparently Verizon Phone and Verizon DSL don't talk to each other, so you have cancel each separately. Complicating matters, Verizon DSL is only open M-F until 6pm EST.  

Anywho, I got my phone service disconnected on Saturday, but was told I needed to call a different number on Monday.

I did that, and spent 30 minutes being passed around like a hot potato until finally they just hung up on me.  

I called back today and was told my account had been "suspended due to lack of payment."  Wonderful.  I guess that's Verizon's  punishing me for switching to Comcast. 

Either way, I wish I hadn't just re-upped with Verizon Wireless for 2 years because

a) I really hate Verizon right now and

b) I live in a dead zone now.  Yup, I have stand next to a window to make a call. (if not go outside). Fun times.

This is just me venting.  I'd send an email to Verizon, but they don't appear to offer that option.  

-J 

Re: leaving Verizon
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This page has support contacts for phone, email and online chat.

0 Likes