mccicmservice.exe
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've noticed in my task manager that this is something new. I've asked about it and was told it could  be part of my ISP. Is this part of verizon, and if so, what is it for and do I need it? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: mccicmservice.exe
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

A quick Google search came up with the following:

The process mcci+McciCMService belongs to the software McciCMService or FlexFx or Adobe AIR or BT Wireless Connection Manager or OpenOffice.org by Motive Communications, Inc (www.motive.com).

File McciCMService.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files\Common Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 303,104 bytes (95% of all occurrence), 309,088 bytes, 308,528 bytes.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as McciCMService.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the McciCMService.exe process on your pc.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, and thank you for your reply. I also did a search and found that same thing. I thought it might be part of verizon, which I still think it is but not sure. How would I be able to know if it is malware? I've done a scan with malwarebytes and came up clean. Seem to show up after I went to help and support!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Well, first check if you have any of the Motive software listed above. Also, check the location of the file itself.

0 Likes
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm very computer iliterate, where you I find the file and look for anything that could be downloaded by this company? Thank you for your replies

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

File McciCMService.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files\Common Files".

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as McciCMService.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder.

You'll need to open your windows explorer ("My Computer") and navigate to these folders to check for it. "C" is the default label for your hard drive, and you should be able to get to it from the main My Computer screen.

0 Likes
killer

This (mccicmservice) is part of the Verizon Help and Support Tool that gets added when you use their support option. It sometimes causes a PC to lockup on shutdown with error McciAsyncEventMgrWnd not responding. I removed it as it is not needed for you network connection to work.

0 Likes
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi and thanks for replying. Are you saying to remove the "help & support tool" that downloaded without me knowing?

0 Likes