Modem stopped working. Cannot disconnect telephone wire. Lost internet connection
joef78
Enthusiast - Level 1

My parents DSL connection suddenly stopped working one day last week. I had them power cycle the modem which did not work. When I went to take a look at it, I noticed that the Internet light was blank. I tried a few things with no luck. I then decided to disconnect everything and start from scratch. I was not able to disconnect the telephone wire. It seems as though it fused itself into the port as I worked on it for the most of half an hour. Could this be part of the problem? If so, how would I go about getting a new modem?

As of now, the DSL light will blink and the Internet is completely blank.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Modem stopped working. Cannot disconnect telephone wire. Lost internet connection
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

If there is a physical problem with the phone line and the modem itself, in that you can't disconnect the line from the modem, it could certainly be related to the lost connection.

I suggest you call 1-800-Verizon and ask about a replacement modem. Be sure when you call in to put in your parent's telephone number and when prompted for options in the menu, select Technical Support and High Speed Internet.

Re: Modem stopped working. Cannot disconnect telephone wire. Lost internet connection
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Fused seems odd.   Do they have jacks or is he sucker hardwired?  Not sure why things would fuse unless they are corroded for some reason.  My parents house is so old, there are no modular jackes to plug things in. 

If you have modular connections, call and try to get a replacement modem.  Having someone come to the house might be expensive but if there are no modular connections, then that will be their only option.

0 Likes