MSN premium
Billy3201
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHO DO I CALL TO CANCEL MSN PREMIUM ???? I AM PAYING $20.00 A MONTH AND IT IS NOT WORKING

0 Likes
Re: MSN premium
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried contacting Verizon here?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon doesn't even offer MSN Premium any more, and it was free for a LONG time before they stopped. How on earth are you still paying for it?

Letitride3c
Enthusiast - Level 3

I switched from Earthlink to VZ DSL in 2005 and picked MSN Premium at that time (other 2 options were AOL & Yahoo)  Still using it to this date ("grandfathered" in) and get the McAfee Security Suite along with it at no extra charge. 

When I did clean/fresh install of my PC and laptop after upgrading/replacing the aging hard drives, the ability to install and download all the MSN Premium software are still there (just did it last month)

It's working fine for me - so perhaps you might want to uninstall after saving all your settings, moving your emails, bookmarks, etc. and then do a fresh installation to see if that will "fix" the problem(s) - as there's been updates to the MSN Messenger, Mail & other apps (something about Version 2.0)  - if this is part of your DSL package as you will see the customized logo/menu bar once the browser is opened.

If you paid extra for continuing its subscription somehow and it's being billed, then I would advise to call VZ DSL billing as MSN billing will most likely refer the call back to Verizon. 

Lastly, you can always stop it on the billing end (notify your credit card issuer or bank, etc.)  and possibly dispute the charges, depending on the circumstances.

Another way of gettng rid of it is to switch over to AOL or Yahoo as part of the re-installation routinue, as there's nothing to require you to use their email address - in fact, I manage all my important emails these days by using gmail and others that are not tied to the ISP - it make porting & switching providers so much easier. 

kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting.............I still have and use Premimum MSN every day. Had it for 4 years or so now....Ken

0 Likes
hobogal2

I also have msn premium. Has anyone been getting a notice to update their  msn in last few days? I looked and it says I have the latest update but I still am asked as I go to shut down to allow for the update be allowed so I click denied.

0 Likes
travlot

We're still paying for it because they sent out an email saying we could continue with MSN Premium for a monthly fee.  I guess a few of us suckers took the deal!  Since then, my MSN has been consistently not working correctly.  It has "eaten" the contents of some saved mail and , at times, will not automatically sign in to Messenger.  It is also extremely slow in loading.  I am going to find a way to cancel as well.

0 Likes
Letitride3c
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yelp, been seeing a pop-up message while running MSN Premium's Browser (was running Ver 9.x) and it seemed to have downloaded the file(s) silently in the background and upon exiting/closing MSNP application, it managed to finish the updating & prompting to reboot the PC to finish the update.  I allowed it to finalize/finish the upgrade on one of our "sterile" PC and MSNP is now upgraded to Ver. 10.x - running okay, saw some error messages once or twice (scripts ?? or whatever) but at least it didn't crash the entire OS or browser. 

0 Likes
Snoops4

I am also getting a pop up MSN update exe...I allowed it. I didn't know that Verizon is no longer associated with MSN. How is it that I still have MSN though? It's been acting up lately though. Not able to send or receive emails sometimes. And script errors as well. I couldn't even log into MSN today for some reason. But I did get into internet explorer. I should check my bill to see if I am paying for MSN services. Is everyone paying extra for this?

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

I also have MSN Premium and I got an update about 2 weeks ago. It is updating from version 9.5 to version 10.0 They removed the calendar from the dashboard but added some extra things to the toolbar. I have been using it with no problems.

0 Likes