Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

My internet disconnects when my phone is being used?

hchan221
Contributor
Contributor

My internet disconnects when my phone is being used?

Message 1 of 4
(4,636 Views)

i am using verizon DSL and my internet disconnects when any phone in the house are being used. i've noticed that the signal for the internet in my router also disappears when I use the phone. 2 computers are currently on wireless and 1 computer is on wire. The phones in my house are all 5.8 GHz wireless. Please help me! My internet is also capepd at  1920 Kbits/sec by 864 Kbits/sec when i have a 3mb plan

also, my router is a westell versalink 327w

3 REPLIES 3
Bob_Robertson
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: My internet disconnects when my phone is being used?

Message 2 of 4
(4,629 Views)

put DSL filters on ALL devices connected to the phone line EXCEPT the DSL modem

this will resolve your first issue

Check different speedtest sites, such as www.speedtest.net www.speakeasy.net/speedtest etc... the Verizon speedtest site is often wrong/misleading

optimize your PC's.. if all else fails, call tech support and see if anything more can be done about speed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
hchan221
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(4,620 Views)

about the dsl filter, do i need a filter if my phones are not connected to the phone wall jack? they are just connected to an outlet. 

Bob_Robertson
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(4,555 Views)

you just answered that yourself... there would be nowhere to connect a filter to a device that is not plugged into a phoneline.

Sounds like you have a coordless phone with wireless "sub bases".... the "main base" WILL be plugged into a phone jack... that is how you get the phone signal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title