My Last ditch option before I leave Verizon for Good!
jhussar

I'm quickly joining the ranks of folks with connection problems and a total lack of support from Verizon!

30 days ago I had my speed upgraded from 3MB to 5MB.  With this came a new modem, a whole house DSL filter, and now over 18 hours of time with tech support. 

My issue is at any time interval from 15 min to 3 days, my connection drops.  My modem says connected, yet I have no ip address. If I reset my modem all is fine for some interval of time.    Their tech said my wiring is fine, my distance to the centeral office is well within limits, and my speed on the connection can support over 8.3MB, however only 5MB is "available in my area". 

I'm on my second modem and no change in the problem.

My computer is cabled through the ethernet..

When the connection goes, the only think that looks out of place is the PPP goes down and it will not reconnect.

I'm using the 7500 modem.... any help would be appreciated.  If I can't find a solution by Monday, I'm taking my phone, direct tv and internet all to Time Warner as the value of what I'm paying vs. the time I'm spending on a fix on my end is way out of synch.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: My Last ditch option before I leave Verizon for Good!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Please show the modem status from this modem.

If you have no idea of what I mean, after you log-in to the 7500 modem - show the first screen that you see.

^^
0 Likes