Need to reset my DLink 2750B about 3-4 times a day.
modemdoldrum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, It has been a few months since I posted about the same problem here. About 3-4 times a day (almost always when I am online), I lose my internet connection in the entire house. All I have to do is unplug the modem, wait 15 seconds, plug it back in, and everything is fine. A few hours later, rinse and repeat. I have called Verizon several times about this issue. The last time, I wasted about 2 hours of my evening. One of the "customer service" reps had me repeat all of the test that I had already done myself, only to arrive at the same result. She transferred me to "tech support", and I spent an hour on the phone with someone else, repeating the same tests over again. Guess what - same result. I was told that a Supervisor would call me within 2 hours. Clearly, this was just to get me off the phone, because nobody called. Now, here we are, 5 months later, and the same modem, same problem. No way I am wasting another 2 or 3 hours repeating the same steps all over again, I will just end up going off on some rep who really doesn't belong in that position. I just thought I would post another example of the "fine" customer support we have all come to expect from Verizon. I will now go on eBay, to see if I can find another Verizon modem for sale, because Verizon won't even let me purchase a better modem. Good luck with your concerns, I hope you have better luck than I did.

Re: Need to reset my DLink 2750B about 3-4 times a day.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi modemdoldrum,

When you posted about your issue previously, it was escalated to private support.  However, your case was closed because the support agents did not receive a response from you to their requests for additional infomation.  Would you like us to reopen your private support case for you?

0 Likes
modemdoldrum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After trying for 6 months to get Verizon to replace my lousy D-Link 2750B router, I finally gave up. I bought an Actiontec wireless router from Amazon for $79.00. Plugged it in 2 weeks ago, was online immediately, and my connection has not dropped out once since the new modem was installed. Once again, thanks for nothing, Verizon. 

0 Likes
modemdoldrum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can't get through to anyone at Verizon!!! You call the support number, and spend 10 minutes on hold. Then, you have to go through 20 minutes of tests that you have repeated countless times before. After several more times on hold, you get escalated to tech support. More time on hold, and then you get to repeat the same tests all over again. I knew what the problem was for months! I fixed the problem myself at no cost to Verizon. Just what you wanted, right?

0 Likes
majercik1

Not sure if you will see this, but it's somewhat refreshing to see that others are having similar issues and that it's not just me. My Dlink 2750B needs a reboot every couple days so I guess I should count my blessings...

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with support doing the same tests as have been done multiple times on my line, (no issues found) and finally convinced them that I was having a modem issue, not a DSL issue.

My modem would keep the internet light on solid green even if I unplugged the DSL line. all my devices would be locked out (no connection) and when attempting to connect, the device would bounce between "authenticating" and "obtaining IP" until it finally failed.

Received a new Actiontec from verizon (free) to replace the Dlink. This morning, sure as can be, the modem locked us out.

As I stood in front of it thinking "yay.... this crap again" ready to install the Actiontec, it rebooted on it's own. Connections are good, speed is good.... ~sigh~

I would like to know what you mean by "signal is better" with the Actiontec. Do you mean more range or faster speeds when comparing to the 2750?

0 Likes
pukfan

Had the same problem. Lost internet connection in January and Verizon convinced me to by a replacement. They sent me the D-Link 2750B.  Worked for about a week then lost all Wifi - all lights green but no wifi. Rest and all was better. But then had to reset the next day. And the next. Called verizon and they elevated to second tier who said techs will fix but give it 24-48 hours.  Still had to reset once a day. 

To make a long story short, we repeated this process a few times before I got busy and just lived with having to reset the modem once a day. Verizon kept saying it was a traffic congestion issue and switched us first to another terminal. While I applaud them for trying, I'm a bit miffed in that everytime they promised to fix it, I would get a robo call saying it was fixed when it was not. But the last time, they moved us to another switch.  First time in months that I haven't had to reset modem in almost a week now. 

So - I think issues others are experiencing with having to reset modem once a day may be due to heavy traffic in your areas?

0 Likes
shanekeller

modemdoldrum, which actiontec did you buy? I've had the same issue and run around that you've experienced. If I can solve my headaches for 80 bucks, I'm in.

Thanks!

0 Likes
palberta

I see your post was dated 2013, so I don't know if you're still a Verizon customer.  I just wanted to say I feel your frustration as I have been going through the very same service merry-go-round for the past year.  

I learned that my line distance was the main culprit, that and my internet lock becomes unstable over 1.5Mbps.  I leaned this after a year of paying for enhanced DSL.  So, now I'm pinging around .66Mbps to correct the lock problem, but it takes forever to download a page!  As I purchased a package deal I receive Directv.  While my dish receptionis fine, my On Demand feature requries a minimum of 2.0Mbps for optimum performance.   Slgh.

0 Likes
awhellno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could have written this very same post  (and basically just did)!! All the hours of phone calls, sometimes only to be hung up on, or promises of  calls back, that never came..... Eventually I just pretended to do the tests since the results were always, always the same. 

You fixed it with a new modem, eh? Maybe that's what I need to try at this point. I've been having issues since 2012. Yep, 3 years!! I'd say Verizon is the worst, but my neighbors have comcast and said their bill always changes and doesn't seem to be a fixed rate and at least I guess that's one thing Verizon has going for them.

My gripe isn't necessarily so much about the internet service as the poor customer service and their "just deal with it, we don't know what's going on!" attitude. 

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2
The Directv problem is really unrelated to Verizon. I have 3 Mbps, but it still doesn't work properly. There are people on other forums that use cable for their internet and Directv, so they have upwards of 25+ Mbps, and STILL have issues with the "on demand' for Directv. It's a problem on their end, that they probably won't ever fix.
0 Likes