new service, no connection, blinking dsl.
anthones2
I ordered verizon high speed internet (3mb) and my service is pretty much activated. When I turn on the modem, only wireless and DSL lights are blinking, and of course the POwer lights and e4/data.

I have a model 7500 modem

No other phones are plugged in phone outlets because I use internet telephony. Im currently using Roadrunner to access the web but once I have verizon online set-up, I"ll probably cancel RR.

I want to know what the problem is. The connection is not working. I've also checked the connection using regular phone and it said that it was a "verizon line" and call 428 or something to talk to reps but theyre closed now.

Ive done resets, power cycle, etc but theres still nothing. I'm pretty sure my service is up because they called and left a vmsg saying so.

Appreciate the help
Thanks
0 Likes
Re: new service, no connection, blinking dsl.
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

A blinking DSL light usally means the modem is attempting to connect with the DSLAM/Central Office.  Although you got the VM saying you were set up, is it past the due date for the service?  It sounds like you're not completely provisioned. There should be a support number to call. I've called them at all hours of the day so I'm surprised they are closed.  Billling would be closed but not tech support.

Obvious question, but I have learned it is never too bad to ask the obvious.   Have you followed their quick start procedures exactly?

Message Edited by MagicMan on 04-24-2009 10:24 PM
0 Likes
anthone

Yes I received a call and called customer service and they said it was activated yesterday.  Still nothing today.  What is the tech support # because theres one I keep calling that should direct me to tech and it just keeps hanging up on me.  I dont think verizon has 247 service.  THeyre not as big as Roadrunner.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

It's been a long time since I had to call them and can't remember the number.  But, in the box that the modem came, you should have received a startup CD, a quick-start guide and a number to call if you had problems.  that was the number I called and I do recall calling them after midnight eastern on a friday night one time.   Maybe it's a location thing.   If ou cant find it there, I'll see if I still have the crap they sent me.

One other thing.  For grins and giggles, do you have a plain old fashioned telephone that you can plug into the line to see if you have voice service on that line or did you order dry loop dsl?

When I first got my dsl, i had that blinking dsl light but it was because the service wasn't fully provisioned and only lasted 1 day.  But, I did call them and I don't know if they did something behind the scenes without telling me.

Message Edited by MagicMan on 04-25-2009 11:05 PM
Message Edited by MagicMan on 04-25-2009 11:08 PM
0 Likes
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1

https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/eRepairNet/DSLRepairANR/common/DSL_Repair.aspx

request a repair if something's wrong.

0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

I believe that DSL Support is 24x7. Try calling 1-800-Verizon.

When prompted by the voice portal, speak or enter your telephone number.

When asked what you are calling about, select Tech Support.

When asked what service you are calling about, select High Speed Internet.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
rocker83
I am in the same boat as the OP...I am unhappy with verizon and my service has not even started. My service start date was may 6th 2009...Verizon had of course stated that my service was ready...when in fact...it was not! I am happy that they did get a technician out within 2 days but he did some serious work including working on powerlines and drilling a hole in my office wall for a new phone jack. According to the tech, my house had NO wiring for verizon dsl. So is verizon lying to me? Also when he was finished he said that the dsl line needed to be "jumped" in his own terms, and that he could do it but normally the phone company must do that...and that is not until monday...I am just really frustrated...customer service is a joke and no offense, you get connected to a rep that is not in this country....Its not fair and very convoluted.... I would like issues like this to be resolved faster.
0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not sure what you were told when you ordered DSL. If you have an existing phone line in your house, then DSL can be provided over the same copper wires as your telephone service. It sounds like there was no phone jack in your office, so the technician installed a new jack for you.

As to the dsl line needing to be "jumped", it sounds like additional work needs to be done in the Vz Central Office to connect your phone line to the Vz equipment that provides DSL service. The Vz technicians who work in the central office are limited over the weekend and therefore the remaining work to be done to complete the setup of your service likely needs to wait until Monday.

Hope this help.

0 Likes