No DSL signal received--please help!
northbaygirl63

I had a Westell 7500 that worked for six months. Then the dSl/internet light went off and there was no connection. Verizon said I had to buy a new modem. They sent a Actiontec 704 gateway. That worked for four days. Then the DSL light went off and there is no connection. The rep said this was a modem issue and they would send a replacement modem. But having two modems die in a four day time frame seems strange. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas? I have rebooted and reset over and over again and nothing works.  Are there any modems that are really reliable?

0 Likes
Re: No DSL signal received--please help!
CharlieE
Enthusiast - Level 1
Since I don't even have DSL yet, I can't answer your question, but if it ever comes on, I can let you know, considering the modem that they sent me is a Westell A90-750015-07.  So this seems to be more trouble that I get to look forward to.  Have you called them and told them that it is their system that is not working, considering two went down in four days?  I think that the DSL department just doesn't care about it's customers.
0 Likes