No Wireless Routers Available? Seriously?
lalabean

I have been having problems with getting a decent wireless signal in the upstairs area of my house.  I have an old Westell DSL router and a separate Linksys wireless router.  I thought about upgrading my wireless router but then I said to myself, :self, call Verizon to see if they can upgrade you to an all in one wireless router".  So I call Verizon and get a very nice man on the phone who tells me that there are no wireless routers available.  I pause and ask why?  he tells me he doesn't know but he is showing that there are no wireless routers available for high speed internet customers in his system.  Then he says if you had FIOS, there are a number of wireless routers I can recommend.  I bit my lip and said, yes but FIOS is not yet available in my area (surprise) so I am stuck with what I have.  he was very apologetic and I tried not to be angry with him, but come on Verizon...how can you not have any wireless high speed routers?  it's like those of us for whom FIOS is not yet available are treated like second class citizens.  if it were up to me, I'd ditch verizon as I had comcast before and while they have their issues too, the speed was fantastic and I could download stuff with no problem.  However, my housemate won't let me switch so I'm stuck.  Anyone have a suggestion?

0 Likes
Re: No Wireless Routers Available? Seriously?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes