Over a year of problems.
cranmerpd2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please forgive me as this post is as much a rant as a request for help.

Since December of 2015 I have had Verizon DSL service. My range of service is advertised as 1.1 to 3.1 Mbps service. I have had major service issues since the beginning but I will address the last 3 months in this post.

My service has been painfully slow during this time. Typically not receiving more than .3 Mbps down. I have called the technical support line several times with no payoff. More often than not the technician has indicated to me that they have done some sort of change on their end and that I should wait 24 hours to see how it's working. Never has this worked but unfortunately due to my job and life I can't have a nightly call with a Verizon technician especially since it has yielded no results. I grow quite tired spending 20 to 30 minutes running the same tests on my network every time I call in. The result is the same why can we not just pick up where we left off.

Fast forward to roughly 4 weeks ago, I decided to file an FCC complaint. If you are experiencing long term problems like I am I cannot recommend this enough. Within a few days someone for obviously a different department called me to help me work out whatever issues I was experiencing. Unfortunately for the first time in several months I was receiving speeds I have never seen before, averaging somewhere around 2.1 Mbps. I explained to the gentleman that previously I was experiencing packet loss regularly over 20% and my speeds were way below the window I was paying for. Of course,(and understandably) he was unable to assist me since no issues were occurring. My download speed was just about perfect for a little less than a week and then they returned to being slow, much slower than before.

I called the support hotline again and explained to them my issue, that I was receiving speeds averaging around .05Mbps and that it was simply unacceptable. The lady on the phone did indicate that there was a problem on my line and recommended that I try plugging in my router at the telco box. Same result. She let me know that someone from the network team would give me a call to discuss a technician coming to my house to further investigate. Finally, a satisfying answer and result.... Nope

Roughly 3 hours later my phone and internet service was no longer working. I called the telephone service line and they agreed to send a technician on Tuesday afternoon to repair the service. Tuesday morning I received a call from the network team member who proceeded to tell me that the issue I was experiencing was due to congestion issues at the central office. I asked how could congestion issues be causing my internet to run so slowly when my neighbors and friends in the area are not having the same issues. The gentleman I was speaking to proceeded to get quite upset at my questions and did not address my concerns. He continued to repeat his answer of congestion at the main office and that there was nothing to be done. He indicated that they are installing new hardware at the central office and they hope to have it done BY THE END OF MARCH. Unacceptable.

Upon ending the call, he closed my open ticket...for phone service. So, I was forced to reschedule the technician to repair my service which they were quite accommodating. I cannot tell you how much better the customer service is on the phone side rather than the DSL.

Fast forward to today I have another open FCC complaint to which Verizon has yet to respond. I have run a 24-hour speed test and found that i get slightly over 1.0 Mbps down between the hours of 3 am and 7 am the rest of the time its less than .3. I can furnish a report to anyone who needs it within a day or so.

I am canceling my auto pay and will not pay another bill until someone truly addresses my concerns.

Signed,

On The Way Out

Re: Over a year of problems.
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cranmerpd2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes