personal website access problem
disgruntledOH

Sometime within the last two weeks, the permission on my personal website were changed to READ ONLY. I can no longer upload anything to my website. In addition, all the files that are currently on the site have had their permissions change to READ ONLY. The owner has been changed to WEB as well.

Since I do not have the control to make these changes, I would like to know who does and how do I get them changed back?

Here is a record of my attempts:

On Monday, I spent 3 hours trying to get through to someone at Verizon. When I finally did, they opened a ticket to some group and I was told they should respond in 24 hours. I callled back on Wednesday and was told that the other group returned the ticket with the note that they do not support third party ftp programs which has absolutely NOTHING to do with my problem. I can use ftp and log in to my site but cannot upload anything. I finally got another person who understood Unix permissions and updated the ticket. He stated that he would call back the next day. (Thursday). Well, that did not happen

Today (Friday) I called back to check on the status of my problem. After going through the menus to get to the correct person, the recording stated that "this call cannot be completed at this time" and hung up.

Verizon is living down to all my expectations. Since this is the only game in town I am stuck. In the country, I have dial-up, too far for DSL and we will be the last ones to see FIOS. Cable is 3/4 mile iaway in each direction.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
Re: personal website access problem
disgruntledOH

Here is an update: After waiting on the phone, I finally got a live person. He wanted to get remote access to my machine and see what was going on. While waiting for the download( several megabyte at 53K dialup), he talked to his supervisor and had me cancel the download. He was told that they do not support the website stuff that Verizon offers. I was directed to www.myspace.verizon.net for all the answers to my problems. When this URL is put in a browser. it cannot be found and looking a WHOIS on internic.net, it is not listed.

So I now have an unsupported website and am directed to a non-existant website for support.

I will in short order find an alternative to the lackluster support I have received.

0 Likes
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi disgruntledOH, the correct support website is www.mywebspace.verizon.net. Are you still having issues with this?

0 Likes
disgruntledOH

The people who handle the personal web space fixed part of the problem, I can now UPDATE anything that is already out there but I CANNOT add anything new. The permissions on the directory where my website is still does not have the correct permissions.

This was a result of another hour or two on the phone Friday. At one point the person I was talking to said that I should contact your Expert Care people and get charged for them to fix the problem. I finally convinced him that I have not control on the setting of the permissions and he agreed that it should go to the personal webspace group.

I am not too concerned since I am moving the whole web to another hosting facility shortly.

0 Likes