Pls help - Unable to connect my laptop to Internet using wireless Westell 7500
zugcity

I decided to jump into the present and finally set-up a wireless connection with my laptop.  I have a Dell desktop PC with Vista (ethernet connection) and a Dell laptop with Vista.  The laptop has a Dell wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card.  Using the laptop, it sees the network I created and says full signal strength, yet I cannot connect to the Internet no matter what.  I have followed every single direction, suggestion, recommendation, and test from Verizon, Windows, Dell, and this forum site, upside down and sideways to no avail.  Is there anybody out there that can give me a step-by-step "For Dummies" version of how to get my laptop to connect to the Internet on my home wireless network??  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Pls help - Unable to connect my laptop to Internet using wireless Westell 7500
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

Without overstating the obvious, when the list of networks appears, did you click on CONNECT?  There is also an option to Connect Automatically when the laptop is on.  Win 7 and Vista usually are a simple procedure.  There is also a diagnostic which will help analyze problems with connecting.