Poor Customer Service "Can You Here Me Now?"
bachman44

Customer Service, Can You Here Me Now????     NO, I am Deaf to your Needs

On Friday morning Jan. 23, I thought I would get ahead of the system, so I would not have interrupted DSL service. I called Verizon to have my no longer living with us, son’s DSL transferred to our name. We wanted to take advantage of their online promotion of Expanded phone service with DSL for $49.99. I was told the Expanded service is not available in our service area. OK, then I would like to sign up for the $19.99 DSL. I am told they can do that. The only thing is that my son has to call in and cancel his subscription. I called him and explained what he needed to do and gave him the phone number. Within one hour he called into Verizon and cancelled his obligation. Done deal.

For some reason, on the Sat. morning Jan. 24, I decided to check and make sure Verizon’s paperwork was all correct and in place for my effortless transfer of service. I was told we are good to go.

Monday morning Jan. 25, when my son’s DSL was do to expire (probably Sunday midnight), I awoke to no DSL service. I called Verizon, I was told that it might take a couple of days for my new service to be installed. ???? What happened to my smooth transition????

Tuesday morning Jan. 26, I decided to call Verizon again. This time I was told that my son’s DSL has not been switched off. If that is true, then who is using it, clearly no one at this address. I then was told, it will take 3 to 4 days before my service will be installed. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The super told me she will call the DSL department and expedite my service, she will call me back. I requested an approximate call back time, she said in about an hour. OK. I waited by the phone for five hours, and I then I called Verizon back. I asked what happened to my return call. The person on the other end, play’s dumb, I don’t know what happened. So I went into the history explanation again, for the third time. I can here the hesitation on their end, as I am explaining and as they are reading their typed in history. I am now told as I am confirming the new service that the $19.99 online DSL service is not available in my service area. And now, I can only have the $29.99 service, and it will be installed in 5 days, which will be Feb. 3rd. I will be out of service for a full 9 days. So isn’t it wonderful the way we are treated, when all we are after is a fair deal.

Thanks a lot Verizon !!!! Do You Here ME Now.

0 Likes