POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
formerjarhead
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK I have a good tale to tell you guys. Today the dsl lines have been going nuts. You know the drill, service intermitent. Contacted customer service (India). They started to give me the same old song and dance, the problem is with your lines at home. When I told this individual that the problem was not in my home (since I have fiber lines in my LAN) but that the problem is with verizon itself, the guy tried to again imply that there might be a problem with my lines. After telling this guy that I used to work for Verizon and I know about telecom lines he continued to say it was my home line! Here is where it gets good, he asked if he could do a screen share, and this is after he did a line test. Well the guy starts to brouse my settings on Safari and he clears my history (don't know he did that?) He starts opening ramdom pages on Safari. I then tell him that I opened the admin page for the router. He begins to go to the wireless page at this point I tell him that I don't use wireless! He then tells me he was increasing the bandwith? Is this guy stupid or what? I inform him again that I don't use wireless! Now it gets dummer. he tells me that he has to put me on hold. I said OK. He comes back and again he tries to tell me that problem is in my home. Well when I point out to him that I want to talk to stateside tech he informs me that he is not authorized to do that. Now at this point I tell him let me talk to a supervisor, he tells it going to take a few minutes. 15 minutes later I get some supervisor on the line. I then proceed to tell this guy that I wish to speak to a stateside tech, he says ok but its going to take few minutes. Dejavu, 15 minutes later he comes back on and says to me I have a tech on line and transfers me to this guy who I thought was tech. When the guy spoke he said his name was Steve from Texas? HUH?? when the tech from Texas started to talk I immediately knew that it was another Indian customer service rep!! Now here is where it gets crazy, this tech starts to tell me that the distance from the CO is some ridiculous 4000 meters and that I'm at 4015 meters from and that for me to get full dsl service I have to be under 4000 meters (sounds confusing as hell). But then I told this tech that 6 months back I had the problem I that time I actually got a real tech on the line and this great tech fixed my problem in less then 10 minutes!!! I wish I knew who she was cause I would have bought her a six pack. Now let me tell you guys I drove to Texas and I pretty much know how Texans speak and some manerisms. When I made the comment that I don't think he's from Texas he hung up! WOW Is this the way for a PAYING customer to be treated? Can anybody tell me if they have had the same problems? I think in the next couple of days I might have to make a second complain to the FCC about the shoddy service from Verizon. If more Verizon customers also complain to the FCC maybe Verizon would get their act together and fixe the problems instead of ignoring their PAYING customers.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
cmincemoyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

What interest Verizon had in customer service has been deleted.  Only interest is in shareholder value.  All they have done with customer service is re-write the scripts so the "techs" off shore immediately put the blame on your equipment and not Verizon's service.

View solution in original post

cmincemoyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

What interest Verizon had in customer service has been deleted.  Only interest is in shareholder value.  All they have done with customer service is re-write the scripts so the "techs" off shore immediately put the blame on your equipment and not Verizon's service.

enwielenga4

I also had a terrible Verizon customer service experience and still feel as though I can't find the right place to report how unsatified I am with the service so I will put it here (and anywhere else I can). I felt as though verizon did not care about me through this process. I had existing Verizon DSL and phone service and wanted to cancel my phone and upgrade my internet to something faster. I was told they could cancel my phone service that day and that I would need to update my internet to Fios and we could talk about this upgrade on a further date (2 days later). When we got off the phone the verizon tech cut off both my phone and internet. I called to report this fact and was told that the internet cancellation was irreversible and I would be without internet until I spoke with the verizon tech 2 days later. When I spoke with the verizon two days later, she told me she had misunderstood and turned off both services. At this point I had been without home wifi for 3 days, which I heavily depend on when I work from home. We then proceeded to set a date to install the fios. and the soonest appointment was for 11 days later on a saturday between 1-5 pm. At this point I would be without wifi for two weeks and I expressed how upsetting this was. I was told there was not compensation for my lack of internet which was caused by Verizons error in turning off my dsl services before it was necessary to start he fios process. My Saturday installation appointment came and I waited at the house all day and at 4pm I received a call from Verizon saying the tech was running late. The Verizon tech never showed up I was left without internet once again. I called and was told the next soonest appointment was for 9 days later, which would leave me without internet for an entire month! At this point I wanted to cancel the whole thing and not do business with Verizon. I was telling my horrible experience with Verizon to a friend and he let me know that he knew somebody that worked for Verizon and could give him a call and see what he could do. His friend was able to moved my appoint up 5 days sooner. It's frustrating that I had to know somebody who knew a Verizon employee in order to get some empathy with my situation. I had to take work off all day to make sure I would be there for the Verizon tech since they missed the saturday appointment when I had the day off. My internet was installed successfully. However I was also disappointed that I was not notified that the fios service would require drilling into my house and putting a hideous box in my bedroom. Overall the only reason I stayed with Verizon was because there was only one other service available in my area and it was more expensive so I feel I was forced to get Verizon and forced to put up with terrible customer service, where at the end of the day I feel like I was taken advantage of. If you look at my call record, I called many times and told this story to many Verizon employees and only got empty apologies but nothing that really showed that Verizon was actually sorry for all the inconviences or that Verizon even cared about me as not only an existing customer but a potential future customer. At this point I would not recommend Verizon to anyone solely based on customer service. All I wanted was a kind gesture such as compensating the $80 installation fee for all the hassle and stress this situation caused. It was such a hassle I would have rather put up with all the streaming problems I had with dsl than attempted to upgrade to fios.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes