Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Port forwarding with Westell 7500.

JKL11293
Contributor
Contributor

Port forwarding with Westell 7500.

Message 1 of 4
(9,180 Views)

I recently got this upgrade from the versalink 327w after verizon tried to upgrade my firmware and broke it. I could set up port forwarding with the 327w easily. Now with the 7500, there are all these new options, direction [in/out] and port direction [src/dst]. When selected with direction out, the choices of src and dst show up. With direction in, the option is automaticcaly greyed out with dst. I have tried out everything and it still doesn't work. The security is also set to No Security. Canyouseeme.com tells me for the port that the connection is refused or timed-out. Help anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Port forwarding with Westell 7500.

Message 2 of 4
(9,107 Views)

@JKL11293 wrote:

I recently got this upgrade from the versalink 327w after verizon tried to upgrade my firmware and broke it. I could set up port forwarding with the 327w easily. Now with the 7500, there are all these new options, direction [in/out] and port direction [src/dst]. When selected with direction out, the choices of src and dst show up. With direction in, the option is automaticcaly greyed out with dst. I have tried out everything and it still doesn't work. The security is also set to No Security. Canyouseeme.com tells me for the port that the connection is refused or timed-out. Help anyone?

#1 If Verizon could try to upgrade the firmware of the Westell 327w, what makes you think that they can not try to upgrade the firmware of the Westell 7500?

#2 Please show me a screen shot of that screen, that you speak of.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

JKL11293
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(9,088 Views)

#1 I'm not trying to upgrade any firmware at all. I didn't say anything about trying to upgrade my firmware for the Westell 7500.

#2. [IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/14av21u.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/ilkunt.jpg[/IMG]

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(9,054 Views)

Ok...

Let us say that you are forwarding for a web server that uses port 80.

For the name, enter in webserver.

Select Forwading.

For the Protocol, select TCP.

For the global port start, global port end, and base port: put in port 80.

For the direction, select in.

and press apply.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title