Programming the D-Link DSL-2750B to be in bridge mode
Gerry8631

After spending 3 hours with a Verizon Tech whose english I could barely understand, I was assured that my D-Link DSL-2750B was bridged after following the persons advice. After I hung up I realized that it wasn't. Since my NetGear router and my computers didn't have internet IP addresses but rather just 192.168.1.x ones that are handed out by the DSL-2750B I was certain it wasn't bridged properly.  To access cameras and thermostats, etc. from outside my home I need to bridge between the outside IPs and those inside my LAN.

My original Westell modem stopped working so had to take the 2750B as the only option but was assured I could easily bridge it. Well three hours later with a tech it still isn't working right. There are discussion about being in a PPPoE area or a DHCP area.  How does one know?

0 Likes
Re: Programming the D-Link DSL-2750B to be in bridge mode
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of Verizon's DSL areas which were DHCP, were sold to Frontier a bit ago. You're most likely using PPPoE.

Do you have another router? Bridge mode is only meant for those who wish to use another router, but want to disable the routing functions built into the modem. If you're using the D-Link as your router for Wireless and Wired access, the behavior you're seeing now with 192.168.1.x "RFC1918" addresses is normal, due to the fact that you only have one Public IP, and must use NAT to share that IP with multiple computers and devices.

You might be perhaps looking for Port Forwarding, instead?