"can i set up a Actiontec GT704WGB Gateway and a Actiontec GT704WG Gateway behind as a bridge ?
effiyelf

i want more wireless power in my other room..and i was thinking about buying a bridge .then i though why not see if its possible too set up the704wg behind the the 704wgb as a wireless bridge. before i go out and blow 50 to 100 bucks... alienware p2 750i .os vista ultimate. core intel q9550 duel quad core @ 2.83. if this helps im new at this so plz bare with me .Thanks Kirk 

0 Likes
Re: "can i set up a Actiontec GT704WGB Gateway and a Actiontec GT704WG Gateway behind as a br
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ActionTec GT704WGB and the GT704WG don't support WDS or Client Bridge mode via Wireless, so they will not act as a repeater. They can act as access points if you run an Ethernet cable to them however. They just need to be set up to operate as such.

So for this issue, unless relocating the router or antennas improves signal quality you are most likely looking at running CAT5/CAT6 cabling, using MoCa or Powerline or setting up another access point nearby. I would suggest against repeating as anything going through the repeater has half the usable bandwidth, which makes a difference if you send a lot of data back and fouth or are on anything higher than 7.1Mbps for DSL service.

0 Likes