"forwarding a domain-name" OR "changing my DNS"?
MIKE7772
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent the following inquiry to the company (EasyWebDNS) where I purchased a domain-name: 

I purchased a domain-name from EasyWebDNS, but I have a free website with Verizon.   I now have the Verizon website finished, and wish to now start using for that website the domain name that I purchased from EasyWebDNS.   So, do I access my EasyWebDNS account and implement the “Forwarding and Masking”?
I noticed that if I do this, I am asked to type in “Title,” “Description,” and “Keywords.”  However, when I bought my domain name from EasyWebDNS, I also bought 1-year usage of EasyWebDNS’s “Search Engine Visibility (SEV).”   I have not yet activated this feature, but I realize that this SEV also asks for “Keywords.”   So, do I enter keywords, etc. into both SEV and into where it asks for them when implementing the “Forwarding & Masking”?

Their response was as follows:

If you are forwarding your domain, Search Engine Visibility (SEV) cannot be used with it, and the best option is to cancel it [the SEV] for a refund.  If you are not forwarding, and actually updating DNS settings, this would not be the case.  SEV won't work with  forwarded domains, because it requires you access your coding, which cannot usually be done when forwarding.  Your host [Verizon] will help you determine if you are forwarding or changing DNS.

There is nobody at Verizon who can give answers to questions about their Verizon personal websites!   Can anyone tell, by reading the underlined statements above, whether I would, in fact, be "forwarding" or "changing/updating my DNS settings"?

Thanks for any help!!

Re: "forwarding a domain-name" OR "changing my DNS"?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personal domains the last I checked cannot be parked at Personal Web Space accounts. In this case, if this is the case you would be Forwarding and Masking.

MIKE7772
Enthusiast - Level 3

The second sentence of your reply seems unclear.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's actually a straightforward answer. You enable the option you mentioned above in this sentence:

"So, do I access my EasyWebDNS account and implement the “Forwarding and Masking”?"

I'm saying yes to that 🙂

0 Likes