really slow internet connecting since yesterday 12pm est (Ny)
ayuud

i've been getting really internet slow connection since yesterday 12pm est, i called verizon the first time and they told me a program was eating up my bandwith so i said okay.. and i re installed my windows xp and now im still getting slow connection, i called verizon again and the lady said they will monitor my line 24 hours and call back tommorow to see what the problem is.. so is there any1 from Ny state experiencing slow internet connectivity? oh i live in buffalo ny

Speed (Down/Up):  7658 Kbits/sec by 863 Kbits/sec

Transceiver Statistics Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0   Vendor ID Code: 4   Line Mode: ADSL2+ Mode   Data Path: Interleaved     Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 7658 863 Margin (dB) 14.0 15.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 27.5 12.0 Transmit Power (dBm) 18.4 12.1

0 Likes
Re: really slow internet connecting since yesterday 12pm est (Ny)
bigchiefdan

what speed are you expecting?  Looks like your DSL Modem is connecting at 7Mb which is pretty fast.

With you XP pc, is it wireless or wired conncetion to the modem?

If you reboot the modem and the connection speed reports the same as you have posted, I would lean towards a connection between your PC and the modem.

If its wired, try a differnt port and cable.  If its wireless, try it with a cable and see if that helps.

Could be the ethernet ports on the modem if its wired.  I have seen these modems do that also.  When thats the case, pretty much have to replace it.

I have also seen network cards go bad or Rogue if you will in that they will still be useable, but sooooo slow becuase they are chattering on the line with extra jargon.   Basically flooding the communications channel with bogus information.

grab a friend that has a laptop and have him connect to your equipment to see if he has the same issue.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
shadesofblue
I live in Buffalo also and our residential high speed has been running at a top download speed of 200kbps. I called Verizon tech but nothing was coming up, I need to call them back to finish the ticket(I was getting impatient and didn't want to take it out on a hapless phone monkey). It's been running ridiculous slow since yesterday late morning/early afternoon.
0 Likes
ayuud
omg same! they called me back and schedueled a technician to come to my house on monday to see what the problem is
0 Likes
LightLisha

Also getting download speeds less than 100 /kbps.  Upload speeds are normal or above average.  I have tried switching jacks, connected wireless and ethernet and two different computers.  Has been slow since Friday afternoon.  Tech support says they see no problem from their end.  I have a Westell versalink 327w.  never had any problems in the past.

I am on the West Side of Buffalo, NY.

0 Likes