Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Remove Default From Address from Verizon Webmail?

west_jay500
Contributor
Contributor

Remove Default From Address from Verizon Webmail?

Message 1 of 3
(9,466 Views)

My Verizon Webmail account (and sub-accounts) have been receiving emails from unauthorized Senders (@verizon.net), and it appears that this address is appearing below my address within the drop-down in Verizon Webmail > Mail Setup > Generic E-mail Setup > Default From Address: 

Where did this bogus address come from, and how do I get rid of it??

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Remove Default From Address from Verizon Webmail?

Message 2 of 3
(9,427 Views)

@west_jay500 wrote:

Where did this bogus address come from?

#1 If logged in as the master account, if you go to My Account and look at the bottom there is a way of creating sub accounts.

Make sure that Default Address is not listed in there.

If that default address is listed there, then that account was created by the an user logged as master account. As an example another adult (or a child) at your location ( house / businness ).

#2 Otherwise: It was random generated for you by Verizon, when you signed up.

@west_jay500 wrote:

and how do I get rid of it??

#1 If that account is listed as a sub account, you can delete it.

#2 Othwewise: I do not know for sure but, I would think the only way to get rid of it is to close/cancel your account...

^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Remove Default From Address from Verizon Webmail?

Message 3 of 3
(9,415 Views)

If it starts with "vze" or "res" then that is your Verizon user id. There is no way to remove this from your account.

If it isn't a user id, check to see if it's an alias. Look in the Email Settings portion of your My Account page. If it's an alias, you should be able to delete it from there.

If it isn't a user id and it isn't an alias, contact tech support. Anything that is on your account that shouldn't be needs to be investigated by Verizon.

***Regardless of what it is:***

Change your password and secret answer to something complex and hard to guess, and run a virus scan on every computer you access the account from. If someone other than you is sending mail from an address on your account, you need to re-secure it ASAP.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title