Remove Default From Address from Verizon Webmail?
west_jay500

My Verizon Webmail account (and sub-accounts) have been receiving emails from unauthorized Senders (@verizon.net), and it appears that this address is appearing below my address within the drop-down in Verizon Webmail > Mail Setup > Generic E-mail Setup > Default From Address: 

Where did this bogus address come from, and how do I get rid of it??

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Remove Default From Address from Verizon Webmail?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@west_jay500 wrote:

Where did this bogus address come from?

#1 If logged in as the master account, if you go to My Account and look at the bottom there is a way of creating sub accounts.

Make sure that Default Address is not listed in there.

If that default address is listed there, then that account was created by the an user logged as master account. As an example another adult (or a child) at your location ( house / businness ).

#2 Otherwise: It was random generated for you by Verizon, when you signed up.

@west_jay500 wrote:

and how do I get rid of it??

#1 If that account is listed as a sub account, you can delete it.

#2 Othwewise: I do not know for sure but, I would think the only way to get rid of it is to close/cancel your account...

^^

0 Likes
Re: Remove Default From Address from Verizon Webmail?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If it starts with "vze" or "res" then that is your Verizon user id. There is no way to remove this from your account.

If it isn't a user id, check to see if it's an alias. Look in the Email Settings portion of your My Account page. If it's an alias, you should be able to delete it from there.

If it isn't a user id and it isn't an alias, contact tech support. Anything that is on your account that shouldn't be needs to be investigated by Verizon.

***Regardless of what it is:***

Change your password and secret answer to something complex and hard to guess, and run a virus scan on every computer you access the account from. If someone other than you is sending mail from an address on your account, you need to re-secure it ASAP.