Router re-boot several times per day
Matrix2

A few years ago Verizon sent me a different router.  The D-Link 2750b.  It's better than the old Westell but not much.  All times of the day we lose connection and have to reboot.  We have been with Verizon for 30 years and they have the worst customer support possible.  Somebody on the forum suggested to buy a different router but why should I have to spend my money to get a better router.  They should provide a better router.  Last week I contacted Comcast and will likely switch soon or after Christmas.  Sick of being ignored.

0 Likes
Re: Router re-boot several times per day
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask Verizon to send an ActionTec GT784WNV. The D-Link routers with the Verizon firmware are pretty bad.

Or just bridge the modem and buy a decent router. ISP supplied routers, except for some rare exceptions like the FiOS routers, are generally junk.

If it's the connection which is going out, though, Verizon needs to make sure it's not your line. The D-Link won't be of much use (might want to hook up your old Westell if you'd like to troubleshoot) without changing the firmware on the router.

Re: Router re-boot several times per day
Hailstorm4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this problem for years. Internet goes down a few times every day. Have to restart the router which is downstairs. I'm at the point where I'm so tired of running up & down the stairs I'm probably going to drop my Verizon bundle (phone, internet, tv) and switch to a different provider. I know I can get TW bundle a lot cheaper. Or I can bundle the Directv with my AT&T cellphone & save money. My bill keeps going up & my service keeps going out.... 

I want to get a home security device but with my current Verizon service what good would it do? When the internet goes out & no one is there to reboot it then the device won't work. Definitely time to make a switch. 

0 Likes