Re: Service unjustly downgraded first week of July, suspect conspiracy
harrydeem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Naaaah, I'm unconcerned. You are obviously trustworthy. And All2easy doesn't store anything of mine at their facility. You wouldn't even get my contacts list. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when and if the need arises.

Thanks again! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
harrydeem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just want to emend slightly a statement I made in my earlier post entitled "Recapping this thread". I made a slight mistake, or possibly there has been some change at the server, outgoing.verizon.net. Probably it was just my error.

I said, "I have had partial success at achieving my goals, by employing Verizon's outgoing server (and login) on port 25 for my outgoing All2easy.net emails. No other configuration of port# and server begets even the initial connection." But no, wrong, I get the initial connection Ok using Verizon's outgoing server, prperly authenticated, on port 587 as well. Those emails get sent, but they bounce right back from that intermediary, mail.sentinelmail.net, if addressed to anyone at All2easy.net or to lots of other various recipients.They go through successfully to recipients at Verizon.net or to Yahoo mail, for example, and to others; but no exhaustive study is possible with my limited scope of targets to test.

I hope that clarifies better.

0 Likes
harrydeem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Progress to report. The kind folks at All2easy say it is them that uses the intermediary, mail.sentinelmail.net. So,

1. Verizon appears to be vindicated (not all suspicions result in indictments)

2. Incredibly, All2easy may be responsible for blocking my mail to its support dept., but only under this weird reconfiguration of servers/ports that I've had to resort to, as of early July

All2easy's support staff is investigating this further for me. I'll post news here of any outcome.

Thank you to those still following this unusual saga.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Glad to hear there is progress being made! Hopefully this can be resolved quickly and will soon be only a memory.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
harrydeem
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE

Okay, they got back to me, did the folks at All2easy, after carefully inspecting the bounce-back message I forwarded to them and comparing the event against their own logs. Here is their reply (which I consider inadequate):

"Apparently, the IP address these messages are originating from has been black listed. Please contact Verizon technical support regarding this issue.

Thank you,

All 2 Easy"

The runaround, no less. Here is a juncture where I could use a good troubleshooter. Any takers? So far, I've replied to All2easy asking for further specifics, including the precise IP address that they think is "apparently" being blocked. [The bounce-back message contains a whole jumble of numbers.]

I'm at a loss.

'Might need to continue this probe away from prying eyes ie. privately.

0 Likes
harrydeem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally I'm getting somewhere!

I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

All2easy support gave me a prompt and meaty response to my request for clarification (kudos to them). They deciphered the precise IP address being blocked and supplied a really useful link to a means of investigating the matter deeper and probably eventually getting that IP UNblacklisted. Though it's a long and twisty road and I have just a few minutes ago embarked, there seems to be some very wide avenues for me to pursue on my own, finally. And the first thing I learned was that blacklisting can happen not because you are a spammer but can often be attributed to your mail server being incorrectly configured. Bingo! One of the 3 (out of dozens of possible) entities that have listed the specified IP says that the last infraction was logged on September 9th, so maybe somegirl was right in thinking that some of my testing led to a bad listing. I show NO Sent Items for that particular date, but that was around the time I was trying out some things, and a number of my attempts (as explained heretofore) never resulted in any message being actually sent.

I'm looking in to this some more. I retract my call for assistance ...for now.

Earnest thanks of course to those still following  Robot Happy

[EDIT: No, I misread the date of last infraction; it was Sept. 13th. Um, don't know how I could err so bad but no matter; my course of action is clear now and looks GOOD, as stated above]

0 Likes
harrydeem
Enthusiast - Level 3

206.46.173.19 is the IP address being blocked. That isn't "my" IP address. Whew. It is in a range allocated to GTE.net LLC, Grapevine, Texas, and appears to belong to Verizon. I suppose the switchover and reconfiguration to stricter routing has created some problems and ramifications that are none of my doing. That would be my guess.

"My" IP address is right now {edited for privacy}, but that gets dynamically assigned, I am led to believe, so tomorrow it could be something different. I'm more accustomed to dial-up internet service, so I'm a bit unclear how DSL works and when and how the end user's IP address can change.

I'm not to worry then. This is a minor snag not of my doing. The blockage may dispel on its own, either because somebody at Verizon takes some correcting action and/or because the blacklisting is time-limited and expires.

I really don't send that many emails anyway. I'll be patient. Verizon IT experts reading this post should definitely take note  ...take careful note. I've blazed the trail.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Glad to hear that things are moving forward!

206.46.173.19 is most likely the ip address of a mail server for Verizon. (GTE was one of the companies that merged to create Verizon way back when.) I know Verizon was having trouble with being blocked by Microsoft and Barracuda in the past few days, so maybe this is related. (Or it could be a block that has nothing to do with the others. Who knows?)

Either way, I certainly hope that this resolves itself soon.

0 Likes