Slow bandwidth speed
manormortal
I've had this problem for sometime now and just decided to call verizn about it last night. I've been getting less than half the bandwidth that I suppose to on the 3.0Mb/s plan. I've only been able to reach 0.5Mb/s on average. Verizon is sending out someone to my house on Wednesday 8/12, what should I expect? Are they going to try to fix my phone jacks or something else?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow bandwidth speed
alex_lee
Enthusiast - Level 3
i guess you might need to wait for the technician, sometimes its just a loosed wires on the NID or outside lines.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The tech will probably check the DSL signal at the NID and jack with his Colt meter. Depending on what the tech finds will dictate what happens next.
0 Likes
manormortal
Where should the NID be located in my house? And would I have to pay for a Jack replacement if one has gone bad?
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The NID should be outside the house near the other utilities. If you have a maintenance plan from Verizon the inside wires and jacks are covered otherwise time and materials apply if that is the problem.
0 Likes
manormortal
So I'm guessing the techincian will have a meter to read the speed from the NID after the repairs or will they need to use the computer in my house? Also how much would it cos to get the Jack repaired because I have a feeling that might be the problem
0 Likes
alex_lee
Enthusiast - Level 3
i guess you might need to wait for the technician, sometimes its just a loosed wires on the NID or outside lines.
0 Likes
manormortal
A verizon guy came today, turns out there was a faulty wire in the phone jack, once it was removed everything was speedy again
0 Likes