Slow connection on hsi. I have called Verizon 3 times and nothing.
drhe_4

I have called Verizon 3 times. And they haven't been able to fix it yet. They keep on telling me that that there is nothing wrong.  I am paying for a 3gb 756mb connection. I go to speedtest.net and I can get any where from .69 Mbps to 1.56mbs now in the day seems to work better.  I have a brand new computer that is hardwired from the router.  It is running win 7 64 bit 4 gigs of ram.  I also have a windows vista laptop.  I have a linksys wrt320n router and we have a westell 6100g . And they have been no help. I can't do much online and it really starting to get to me I like to play games and without a good connection  the game thing out the window.

0 Likes
Re: Slow connection on hsi. I have called Verizon 3 times and nothing.
Vorput
If you look round this forum, other people are having similar issues (myself included). Many have called Verizon, and gotten similar responses. The problem seems to be on Verizon's end, but they're not admitting it. 😕
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Did you follow http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600 ?

#2 If not, what firmware is on that Westell? The White and Blue / The Red and Black?

#3 Is wireless in the Linksys turned on?

#4 If so, what level of wireless security is it set to?

0 Likes
GasHed

I'm having the same problem and I've tried taking the second router out of the mix and same problems.  Is the Red and Black firmware the lastest?  I'm convinced that it's either a Verizon bandwidth issue or crappy firmware on the 6100g since everyone posting with this issue seems to be running that particular modem.

0 Likes
Vorput
I'm having the same problem with a Westell 7500 modem.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GasHed wrote:

I'm having the same problem and I've tried taking the second router out of the mix and same problems.  Is the Red and Black firmware the lastest?  I'm convinced that it's either a Verizon bandwidth issue or crappy firmware on the 6100g since everyone posting with this issue seems to be running that particular modem.

Since you have the second router, consider following that FAQ...

If you do not, be strongly advised:

#1 Double NAT can cause issues.

#2 Their modem combo(s) seem to have a back door to it (Allowing Verizon remote access to the modem combo)

And pulling all kinds of stuff..

Such as:

a) Remotely upgrading the modem. And by the way: If they upgrade the modem remotely while you are using the connection to the net, that can break the modem combo.

b) Changing the user name / password.

c) making you more prone to attack from bad/evil people out on the net.

^^^

0 Likes
drhe_4

Sorry I took so long to get  back to you. But I have the modem set up in bridge mode. I do belive it was the later red /black because I got it from verizion about a month ago. The wireless is turned on the router I have a laptop that uses it. But i have run the modem only hooked up to the computer (with out the router) with someone from verizon online with me and was getting only .65mps while he was online with me. They told me they would test it and then said there was nothing wrong. It only seems to happen at night. During the day it seems to run much faster. But I haven't been home to run speed test. And when I get the slowdown it happen on both the laptop or my desktop. What ever Im on.  I only have it set to wpa personal (no houses for about 1000' in any direction)

0 Likes
drhe_4
Ok I just went to speedtest.net ran speed test in Philadelphia Pa I am about 200 miles from them. My ping was 743 ms, download was at .17 mps and uplaod was at also .17mps now how can verizion tell me there is nothing wrong with my internet. Now they just hooked up this area in northeast pa. . But I have lived in other areas na dhad cable internet with only a 3.0 gbps line and I never had any problems like this. Does anyone have any ideas?
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1What is the current LAN IP of your Linksys?

#2 Do you have an ethernet Hub or ethernet (standalone) switch?

By Standalone switch, I mean for example one that is not built into a router.

0 Likes