Re: Slow DSL Speeds?? Please post here. . .
Agon123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm an extremely frustrated Verizon internet customer in DC.

I've lost count of how many times I've had to call tech support to fix the same problem over and over again: namely, my download speed is only about 1mb. It's supposed to be 3mb. The upload is fine at .7mb.

I've restarted the DSL router (westel) and wireless router. Nothing changed. I've disconnected and reconnected on the Verizon DSL Home page. Nothing changed. BTW, the DSL home page says that the speeds are 3360 Kbps / 864 Kbps. What a joke!!

The last time, I called tech support they had to forward the problem to the "Central Office". It got fixed in 24 hours. But why is this problem back. For the nth time??

Again, there's NOTHING that I've done differently that caused the problem to start up again. I am told by the techs Verizon changes the settings at their end. And its these dumb-a** changes that cause the problems.

I'm so ready to dump this company. I wish AT&T had internet service in DC. I had them in SF and i never had this problem.

What can you do to solve this problem? I can give you my email and drop-loop number because there's nothing on my end that I need to as no settings have been changed. Like I said the last time this happened it got forwarded to the "Central Office."I just don't want to deal with tech people anymore.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Agon123 wrote:

I just don't want to deal with tech people anymore.

Good look wiht that.

AT&T Has tech people, too.

How good/bad they are, I have no idea. Maybe better, maybe worse ?

0 Likes
jenstar131
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I'm probably going to give up Verizon as well

this is a last shot in case someone already had this problem and can point me in the right direction.

I have the 3 meg DSL with a home run installation with no need for filters on my phones.

They get the 3 meg from the pole to the house

From the house to the modem

but from the modem to the computer 56 k.

They have replaced the modem, the cables, and the service tech even brought in his own computer with no luck

I took apart the home network and have tried 5 different single computers from the modem to the computer

I have wire maintenance plan so They could replace all the wires and I'd be covered

nothing works, and all I get is phone calls recorded that say ,we see your problem is solved

I've been with Verizon for over 30 years, and I'm a Linux system admin myself

but no one can figure out, it's like I'm being rate limited somewhere that doesn't show up to techs

I have heard the horror stories about all the other services

lets face it, internet in the United states is shoo far behind the rest of the world it's shameful

I have no idea on what to do, but I can't keep spending money for a product I'm not receiving

0 Likes
Who to Contact for Real Help
abdiel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm paying for 7 Mbps, which I get most of the time, but it drops to 1 Mbps in the evenings sometimes (a lot of times!). I've gone through all the all-too-obvious stuff suggested on the support pages, and the thing that auto-responds to your question via email was equally useless. Aside from calling Verizon and waiting on the phone forever, how do I get some actual help? I understand that I'm paying for *up to* 7 Mbps, but 1 Mbps (and less!) is hardly fair. . .

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
lvhackworth

My internet is much slower since the new home page took affect a few days ago.  And now, I can even log in to get my email!

0 Likes
jkmla

Upgraded from 3mb to 7mb last week on the 26th, finally "completes" upgrade today it was working fine all day around 6mb. Then out of nowhere around 7pm, it just goes to crap I'm getting less than 1mb. Tried everything, and it's still the same. This is pretty ridicules, i loved my 3mb connection never had a problem in all the years i had it. Figured i'd get the same quality with the 7mb.  Hopefully in the morning it's back to normal...and stays that way day and night Smiley Mad

0 Likes
abdiel
Enthusiast - Level 2

jkmla, that's exactly what happened to me. 😞

0 Likes
jusboblyn

Nevada reporting in...the 3mb that I'm paying for now runs at 0.44kb! Service and quality at it's finest! The "new" MyVerizon is worthless. Did you guys even look at what a "Home Page" is supposed to be? Now you can't customize anything! Verizon Yahoo was awesome. This is garbage! And you want me to keep paying the same price? Good luck with that. Until I get what I'm already paying for, you get NOTHING!

0 Likes
Very slow DSL
Chaseb

I was on the basic 1mb plan but was only getting .5 mb so I upgraded to the 3mb. Now I get a whopping .7mb. I think verizon does not provide their advertised speeds. I have a 6110F westell. Anyone know whats wrong? I live less than 2 miles from the local verizon ISP provider.

0 Likes
DSL slow slow slow
ajbrenn

I have had Verizon DSL for a lot of years and in the last 6 months the service is slower and slower.  I have a Fujitau FC9660RA14 modem and from there run a wireless router.  The best speed I can have is 248 when I run a speed test.  I have no issue when I use the same computer at a wi fi connection away from home.  I have optimized and tried everything.

If this slowness continues I will switch to ComCast that is available at my home.

0 Likes