Slowed dsl at certain times of day and weekends
Sapph110
Enthusiast - Level 1
For the past two months I've noticed that my speeds drop to 1Mb (normally I get 6.5 or better) from around 4:30pm to about midnight weekdays and all day on the weekends. Verizon tech support has been out twice and coming back again on monday but they cannot send someone at the time the problem is occuring so they never see an issue. I just read that this problem could be the result of overload on the Edge router. I'd like to request to be moved to a new edge router. I work from home and refuse to continue to pay for DSL speeds I'm not getting. Despite the added expense, I may be forced to switch to comcast.
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slowed dsl at certain times of day and weekends
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the Verizon Direct forum over at DSLReports. Let them know of the situation and they should be able to move you onto another edge router or some less congested equipment.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the Verizon Direct forum over at DSLReports. Let them know of the situation and they should be able to move you onto another edge router or some less congested equipment.

ASG2

I have had exactly the same problem: since the holidays, every day and weekends, from about 4:30 till about midnight, my DSL has slowed from 6.5 or so down to sometimes less than 1.  I have had 3 very long tech support conversations, and after the last one, they sent me a new router.  The problem is exactly the same as it was (the new router reaches a little further in the house, but that wasn't an issue really).  I am about to pull the plug on Verizon and try the cable company--but then I saw this forum, and my exact problem!  Plus, what looks like an actual plan to solve it.  If only.

PS, what is the DSL direct forum, and how can I follow the advice given to the other person?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Simply visit the site above and make an account there. From there you'll get private support that should be able to help out. The rest of the DSLReports site will allow anonymous posting, so be aware that the places that let you do that on that website are public areas that anyone can see, like this forum.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

ASG,

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes