so internet keeps dropping
jackle

none of the other information on any of the other random disconnects helped me out... this started happening about a week ago... getting rather irritating... westell 7500 surfin internet playing games whatever... it just keeps disconnecting sometimes comes back on its own.. most time i have to reset it... got the log just from this morning over the several disconnects ive been having... any suggestions?

log file http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/jacklescool/log.jpg

0 Likes
Re: so internet keeps dropping
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In your router, post the modem stats from the modem combo.

The modem stats maybe at System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats

#2 In the router go to Advanced -> UPnP.

#3 That feature is turned off?

#4 Is this router a wireles router?

If so..

a) Are there any computers connected by wireless?

b) What level of wireless security is the router set to?

0 Likes
jackle

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt Data Path INTERLEAVED
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 832 Margin (dB) 9.4 11.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 36.0 17.5 Transmit Power (dBm) 19.6 12.1

stats while internet is on and working...

i have uPnP disabled..

and it does have wireless but i have it disabled.. if enabled its set to medium security i have a wep key set up as well

0 Likes
jackle

when the net dropped literally 3 mins after posting that i chked the transciever stats again.. shows a 7.4 for downstream path margin

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Here is what most of all that stuff means..

Margin (dB) - Signal to noise margin. 6 is pretty bad possibly unusable at times, 20 is very good. You normally want 12dB or better IIRC from back in my DSL days. The higher the number, the better to a point.

Line Attenuation - Measure the amount the signal has degraded. Below 20dB is excellent, above 50 is poor, fill in the dots for anything in between.

Transmit Power - The higher the number, the more power is required to transmit. This number will vary based on the other numbers.

--

#2 Connect your modem directly to the NID, to see if the signal is better.

Points to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

#3 Contact local telco to check line equipment before spending hours with DSL tech support..

dsluser804 wrote:

At the top of the Verizon page click:

Support,  Contact us, then select Email on the page that comes up.

On the form select Internet service, for category use Support,

then sub-category select Report a repair or installation issue

Fill out your info on the rest of the form and type in a note to check local equipment because your DSL is having problems.

Other way is to just call the repair number for your normal phone line service which is what I did a whle back when my phone line was full of static and the DSL dropped.  They understood  and sounded local.

^^

0 Likes