something of great concern for soon to be Verizon customers please read
netdude68
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please go and check out Frontier Communications high speed internet terms and conditions. You will notice Frontier has now carefully edited and removed the 5GB caps limit that was being pointed out by some pro consumer websites and they got some flak over however they still have in the contract and talk about limited use service and being forcing a customer to subscribe to a higher tiered and more costs service if you happen to go over this now undisclosed caps limit.

High-Speed Internet Access Service
Customers may not resell High Speed Internet Access Service ("Service") without a legal and written agency agreement with Frontier. Customers may not retransmit the Service or make the Service available to anyone outside the premises (i.e., wi-fi or other methods of networking). Customers may not use the Service to host any type of commercial server.

Customers must comply with all Frontier network, bandwidth, data storage and usage limitations. Customers must ensure that their use of the Service, including the amount of data sent or received in the course of a month or shorter periods, does not exceed the limitations that are now in effect or may be established in the future. Continued use of the Service will constitute acceptance of any new limits. If Customer's use of the Service exceeds the applicable limitations, that is a violation of these Terms and Conditions. In such cases, Frontier may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend Customer's Service account or request that Customer subscribe to a version of the Service with higher usage limitations if Customer wishes to continue to use the Service at higher usage levels.

You can read all the full terms of this at frontier.com

0 Likes
Re: something of great concern for soon to be Verizon customers please read
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

You will find that quote in all terms of service contracts for all ISP's.  Verizon has one. ATT has one, Time Warner has one, Even AOL and Netzero have it. That just means that they reserve the right to impose caps at any time.

Comcast tried and got beat down for it.

Frontrier is trying (sounds like they may have given up with the tone of your post) and taking flak for it.

Time Warner tried and lost so many customers that they re-instated the non capped system

Verizon made a public announcment that they were not going to cap in the foreseeable future but did reserve the right to do so if the need should arise.

This is nothing new

netdude68
Enthusiast - Level 3

That may be true.  But Frontier has and did take it further by trying to force customers who used just over 100GB to pay $99 to continue service or be terminated and then again with 250 trying to force them to pay $250 a month or be terminated.  This has been stated as experiment they are conducting in I believe Minnesota.  Also prior to my posting Frontier had this extremely low 5GB quoted where I have highlighted in bold but not surprisingly removed only because they do not want Verizon customers they intend to inherit to know that they consider this very meager amount to be within their self definition of a fair usage of bandwidth. Just streaming one single Netflix movie would use considerable amount of data bandwidth alone.

I do expect Frontier's plan is not to honor Verizon's price for life plan otherwise why was it not so stated in the mailing Verizon sent to it's customers.  I know of no one who has received anything from Verizon and or Frontier on how they plan to address the high speed dsl service.  And calling Verizon gets you nowhere because they do not even know anything more then what was stated in the mailing.  I have yet to get threw to any call to Frontier as I am put on hold and get tired of waiting after about 45 to close to 60 minutes.  Is this a sign of what is to come from Frontier customer service support?

0 Likes
netdude68
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both Verizon and Frontier continue to remain silent on what is to become of the dsl price for life plans.  And still Verizon customer service at the phone numbers provided in their mailing to customers, no one knows anything about the DSL service and assumes it was not a part of the transition being as its not mentioned in the mailing at all.  I still have not been successful at getting a hold of live customer service representative at the Frontier number listed on their website. I am put on hold by the automated system and get tired of waiting on hold after bout 45-60 minutes of waiting listening to poor quality elevator music. Also still awaiting word from Frontier via email on this issue.  If Frontier does not plan to honor and keep the Verizon price for life on dsl and keep the service as is, I and I can assure you Verizon/Frontier a great deal many customers as word spreads will be dropping service and seeking it elsewhere where the company truly does VALUE its customers.  Being again as the letter mailing and nowhere on these FAQ posted on this website is the word dsl or high speed internet mentioned only the traditional wire-lined phone service.  So when do you ever intend to inform the customers? Only when they get their first Frontier bill only to see different higher charges and fees?