Truly Awful DSL in Massachusetts?
LilyTomlin_gif
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you navigate to this forum because your Massachusetts Verizon DSL service is really slow or broken or intermittent?

Me too!

If you came here looking for answers to your problems, you are probably not going to find them.

1-800-VERIZON probably can't help you.

Thinking about going off the reservation and calling corporate in NYC or Basking Ridge? Ain't gonna help.

Maybe try praying to the God you abandoned so many years ago,

OR try the following links:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

https://licensing.reg.state.ma.us/pubLic/oca-support/mg-dtc-complaint-form.asp 

Verizon's official but generally unstated position is that they will only provide the absolute minimum of support and/or maintenance when it comes to their copper network (read: DSL.) This is a matter of record in New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

When I began complaining to them last week they throttled my already terrible speed by half the next morning and have not restored it, just to teach me a lesson. That is the customer service you will get.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Truly Awful DSL in Massachusetts?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

In areas where FiOS is not available, Verizon maintains copper OSP. It is in the areas where FiOS is available that Verizon will migrate users to fiber and abandon the overhead copper.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

In areas where FiOS is not available, Verizon maintains copper OSP. It is in the areas where FiOS is available that Verizon will migrate users to fiber and abandon the overhead copper.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LilyTomlin_gif,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Can't register for Verizon chat support. This same message for weeks.
LilyTomlin_gif
Enthusiast - Level 2

But please continue about how Verizon doesn't intentionally throttle and stonewall inconvenient customers.

imagePretty typical

0 Likes
Re: Can't register for Verizon chat support. This same message for weeks.
LilyTomlin_gif
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hey mods, the inline image function is broken.
0 Likes