Upgrade Only DSL without racking up price
Florrum

Currently my Dad pays $15/month after a discount for verizon phone and internet. Since the internet is pretty slow I was looking for options to upgrade only the internet. It seems the only thing that I can do is create my own bundle, but whenever I choose about the same service we have now, the price skyrockets up $25 for the same service. This doesn't make sense to me. I just want to increase the internet plan by a level without paying tons more. I guess maybe this was some kind of special deal that we have now? I'm wondering if there is a way to do that?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Only DSL without racking up price
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The discount may be a promotional discount for service. Typically the discounts will be removed if the service plan changes, either due to a bundle change (if phone and DSL are bundled) or when they expire.

Typically going from the lowest DSL plan to the highest plan will run an additional $10/m for at least the first year. Then the price will go up usually an additional  $7/m. Removing the $15 discount will cause the price you're seeing.

Try talking to someone in billing to see if they can help find a better deal than what is being offered online. Just be sure to ask questions such as, what is the catch, what is changing, what is the promo price and what will it become after a year.

Otherwise, my advice is to price out Internet service based on how many dollars a single Megabit costs (divide the price by Mbps). If your line supports only 1.5Mbps max, paying $42/m for the Enhanced DSL package is usually silly of FiOS or a Cable provider is around.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Only DSL without racking up price
Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep what you have. 

Once you transfer from standard (copper) to FiOS you can't go back

I was paying $29.99 for HSI Enhanced and Unlimited Voice 

$59.99

-$20 HSI Credit

-$10 Connection

$29.99

Before FiOS 2011

Now for 75/75 internet, Select HD, and Phone Service we are paying $64.99

About $20 per service

Where before it was about $15 per service

The only difference you will notice is consistent speed and less taxes.

When going from standard to HSI you to get a loyalty credit for 12 or 24 months. Talk to retentions to see what your best offer is. 

0 Likes