Verizon giving me the run around on activating dsl after THEY screwed up and cut my service off
Jpruitt6547
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m going to try to condense this as short as possible because this has been nothing short of a nightmare.  Back in June we bought a home and I called verizon to have them transfer my services to our new home.  It went fine minus a couple hiccups but all in all service was up when it should have been and was working great.  A couple weeks later I started getting bills in the mail saying my account was pass due payment and I needed to pay immediately.  I found that strange because I do auto pay have never missed a payment and had actually just been charged and it cleared and went through for July.  So I called verizon to see what was going on and they ASSURED me that everything was fine I was paid in full BUT i had two accounts open one being from the address I just moved from.  I explained I did not live there anymore and needed that account gone.  Again I was assured everything was fine with my account.

Well two weeks ago after having verizon dsl service work perfectly fine for over a month in our new home we wake up and it’s completely cut off.  I call verizon and first I’m told they cut it off because I needed to send them proof of who owned the home (first time I had ever heard that) but I told the rep I own the home there is no other owner.  The woman tells me she will cancel the “cancellation order” and my service would be restored that afternoon.  Well it wasnt and I call back again only to be told not only did I not have any internet at all on the account at my new address but they were telling me there was no indication of me ever having it.  At this point I am blowing a gasket but calmly tell the rep I need my internet back (I run an in home busniess so really rely on this service). The rep says only thing we can do is RE ADD the internet and do ANOTHER move order and that it would be a WEEK before it could be activated.  Again about to blow my gasket but felt I had no option.  Activation was set for August 22 and we are now on August 25th and you guessed it NO internet.  I have called everyday and keep being told “its an issue at the central office its not you and we promise it will be working tomorrow”.  Welp called again this morning was given the same **bleep** answer and was told service would be activated by 3pm.  Well its 10:43 pm and that lovely DSL light is still blinking and no service.  I am at my wits end and am exploring other internet options but unfortunately being where I live on a peninsula there aren’t many options and it seems like verizon knows that and takes advantage of it.  If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated because the next option is throwing the modem in the road and moving on to anything else.

Re: Verizon giving me the run around on activating dsl after THEY screwed up and cut my service off
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jpruitt6547,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.