Verizon In Home Agent runs on my system (MAC OSX) but does nothing. Why not?
jduesenb1

I just downloaded, installed and launched Verizon In Home Agent (release 7.09.22), on my Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) system. I have Verizon High Speed Internet Service (DSL) connected and working.  The DSL modem/router is an Actiontec GT704WG. 

The Verizon In Home Agent  application launches, displays a window, and then sits there with a progess indicator while it "gathers troubleshhoting information." After a few minutes, it then displays an error message:

"In order to use In-Home Agent, you need to be connected through a Verizon FIOS or High-Speed Internet connection." 

Then it just sits there with the "Enter" button disabled, so there is nothing useful I can do with this app.

Can anyone at Verizon, or some knowledgeable user, inform me whether Verizon In Home Agent  is in fact compatible with my configuration of DSl service, hardware, and Mac OSX (as advertised on the Verizon Support site) ?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon In Home Agent runs on my system (MAC OSX) but does nothing. Why not?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

jduesenb,

It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Re: Verizon In Home Agent runs on my system (MAC OSX) but does nothing. Why not?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the FIOS area in a simluar thread..

i like the online version of the app at www.verizon.com/repair  

you can do a lot of the functions of the app without all the bloatware.

and

As other have said it does something, it waste resources.  Not sure on the MAC, but on PC's it has been none to drive at least one cpu to 100% (If you only have one its really bad).  And the number of functions it does that you might ever want to do is minimal.

Personally I recommend that you uninstall it, and make sure you get all pieces of it.

0 Likes
darbielee

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd been having this issue since June and just today was on a live support chat to get it worked out. They had me download the newest version from verizon.com/connect, which worked perfectly the first launch.

I asked if there had been a problem with the previous version, and the agent confirmed that yes, there was an issue with it. I said it would have been nice to have noted that somewhere, as I'd been searching for a solution on-and-off for five months with no success. I'm not sure what version I had before, but this release I have now (v. 8.0.7, on Mac 10.6.8) works as expected.

0 Likes
prujor

I have the same problem running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Is there a home agent for mac mountain lion?

0 Likes
nicolef3

I've been having the same problem with in-home agent not running. Tried to download the latest version of in-house agent on my mac and all I get it is a new window saying:

Bad request

Your browser sent a query this server could not understand.

In general, I agree the documentation on verizon's site for anything related to Macs is abysmal.

0 Likes
nicolef3

I just went on live chat and they gave me the CORRECT link to download both Mac and PC versions of in-house agent: http://www.verizon.com/inhomeagent

This link does NOT work. I even got one embedded in an email that did not work. http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/troubleshooting/set+top+boxes+and+dvrs/questi...

0 Likes