Verizon Must Not Want My Business
rem5241

I am extremely frustrated with the run around I have received by trying to set up High Speed Internet (DSL) through Verizon. You either are an extremely mismanaged company or you must really not want my business as an internet customer. 

On Wednesday, November 28, I tried scheduling internet setup online. Eventually reaching a page that said I had to call 1-800-VERIZON to finish setting it up. Called on November 28, talked to a nice guy named Michael who finished getting everything scheduled. He ran through the final summary of what my monthly payments would be and said that the self-install kit would be sent out and should arrive on or by Monday, December 3. He also said that by 5PM that day, Internet should be available. Great, I said. 

On December 3, I arrive home from work after 5PM. No self-install kit was delivered. I call 1-800-VERIZON again. Talk to another individual who took 10 minutes or so trying to determine what happened. He got back on the line and said the issue is because a technician needs to be sent to the house to setup for me. Why? We’ve had internet through Verizon at this address recently. And the last representative I talked with did not say anything about someone physically needing to come to my house. He said that’s just what the computer said, no way around it. Earliest available timeslot for a technician that worked with my schedule was 1-5PM Friday, December 7 (today). 

Today I came home early from work by 1PM in order to be present whenever the technician arrived. 5PM comes and goes. No sign of the technician. No updates on MyVerizon. No courtesy calls to reschedule. Nothing.

MyVerizon still says setup was supposed to be today from 1-5. It is also now trying to show me a bill but, when I click on the link, I get an error message.

After all of this headache and lack of communication both with me and internally between departments, I am no longer interested in being a Verizon customer. I will be calling tomorrow to cancel the order. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Must Not Want My Business
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi rem5241,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes