Verizon Online Tutorials Question
smiley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi;

First time user on the forums and I have a question if anyone on the forum has an answer.

Are there any tutorials available on verizon online for pc's that run the windows vista operating system?

I ask this question because I currently have a desktop pc that runs windows xp/sp3 and a westell versalink gateway. I am going to be getting a new laptop pc in the near future to use in addition to my desktop.

The laptop pc will run windows vista home premium edition and will have capabilities to operate wirelessly via a built-in wireless card.

However, the online tutorial on home networking found on verizon online does not show how to set up a wireless pc using vista as it only shows steps for windows xp and earlier versions of windows.

Any help with my question will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.Smiley Happy

Message Edited by smiley on 08-17-2009 03:38 AM
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Online Tutorials Question
RobSpewack

Hi Smiley-

Do you plan on using a router for your Internet?  If so, using your Verizon Internet with the laptop should be a cinch.  Otherwise, it might be a bit more tricky.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Online Tutorials Question
smiley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Rob, Thanks for the reply.

I already have one. Kinda like a hybrid if you will. 

A Westell Gateway modem/router that I received from Verizon when I started DSL service.

Question is, Is this Westell model 327w easy to set up with Windows Vista Home Premium edition?

Because the laptop that I plan to get has that os with an option to upgrade to the new version of Windows that will be released later this year called Windows 7.

Please let me know if you or anyone else on the forum has an answer to this.

Thanks.

Smiley.Smiley Happy

Message Edited by smiley on 08-17-2009 10:41 PM
0 Likes