Verizon says Frontier is my DSL provider, Frontier says they do not even provide DSL in Pittsburgh.
Verizon-lost-me

So, for the past week, I have been having intermittent (like, every hour or couple hours) DSL / Internet outages.  I have Verizon DSL Broadband in Pittsburgh PA, since December of 2011.

When I called Verizon, they tell me I am being serviced by a company called Frontier.  When I call Frontier, they tell me they cannot find me, but will call me back when they do.  They have never called me back.  And I call verizon 800 number daily, and get sent to Frontier.

Today, I called Frontier again, because of broadband continuing issues, and I got a service tech who told me flat out, "we do not even provide DSL in Pittsburgh, and if we were your provider, you would get a bill from us, not Verizon".  He transferred me to Frontier customer service, who tried to find me by name, address, etc, and could not find me at all.

Frontier tried to transfer me to Verizon DSL service.  I ended up speaking to the atypical  service rep at Verizon who was unable to assist me at all.  Even though, here I sit, with a Verizon bill in my hand, Verizon reps say I do not have verizon service, so I must be getting what little lousy DSL / broadband I am getting by, what, magic? 

How can Verizon not have me as a customer, when I pay them every month, get bills from them, and up until a month ago, was getting my issues resolved by Verizon tech support?  This truly stinks. 

I am now going to e-mail Verizon customer service, but really, by this point, I will be calling Comcast to see what they charge for broadband, and the heck with Verizon.

0 Likes