Verizon service and the Westell 327W
NLB

First off, I have my home phone, family's cell phones and DSL with Verizon.  I have found the service on the dsl to be horrible.  I call service and am on hold forever.  Their online help is useless.

I have a westell 327w and it's been acting up for a month or two on the hard wire connection.  Wireless seems to be fine.  At first I thought it was my computer, so I'm trying to download new drivers, etc. to make sure everything is up to date.  Finally took computer in and found out it's not the problem.  I have reset and unplugged and reset the modem/router, changed wires, changed ports, but continue to get the message that the LAN has a network cable unplugged.  The guy at Best Buy said these combo Westell's are junk.

I've gotten 4.5 years out of this so I'm okay with that, but I think Verizon should send me a new, updated modem/router,,, for free.  What are the odds of that?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon service and the Westell 327W
nurjrv
My modem was doing the same think.  Called into support and was on the line for an hour before they finally admitted that modem was not working correctly.  They sent me a new modem but to the wrong address.  When I reported this they sent another new one but charged me for the one sent to the wrong address.  I had to go all the way to the management before they word credit my account.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Post your modem status from the modem.

If you have no idea of what I meant, after you log-in to router show the first screen that you see.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
I really doubt that Verizon will send you a new modem for free. If you buy a car and the motor seizes after four and a half years do you take the car back to the dealership and ask them for a new car for free? I don't think so.
0 Likes
NLB

After several rounds of online chat and a couple of "client support" people,  got a new one for "free".  Only have to pay $2.49 a month... and only have to pay that for as long as I want.  It's a warranty on the new one.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
That is not free you are paying a monthly fee. In the long run you are better off buying the modem outright.
0 Likes
alex_lee
Enthusiast - Level 3
i believe you are paying for Device Protection Plan, its seems that its an extended warranty service
0 Likes
NLB
Since a modem / router combo or separate will run $70 - $90 for a decent one,,,  I can do a long time of $2.49 a month.  Plus, I can stop paying that after a year or less if I want to..
0 Likes