VzTech help with McAfee Kudos
ZandorRI
Enthusiast - Level 3

With everything that's been going on with Verizon lately and my dismay with the company I had no anticipations of my new issue being resolved.  However, I must say that the Verizon Technical Support helped me out with McAfee and the VISS.

The story goes like this,

When I opened McAfee and went to do the updates it just sat there, did nothing, no circle rotating, just said 0 complete.

Then I ran the MVT (McAfee Virtual Tech) and it showed 2 major errors that it could not fix:

1 - would not download the updated database

2 - Program Subscription Update Needed

So, I scanned my PC and found nothing, then I rebooted & ran the MVT. Same issues detected by the MVT.

Next step Verizon online Tech Support.

After granting the Tech permission to connect to my PC they seen exactly what I said & the errors replicated for them too.

The Tech asked if I tried a reinstall, no not yet.

Tech told me to wait while they talked to their backend Tech team on the "Program Subscription Update Needed" issue.

Tech decided that a conference call was in order.

They called me & conference with McAfee, and VzTech ended our session.

McAfee Tech then needed access to my PC, ok.

It took about 50min with McAfee who ended up uninstalling & reinstalling the software.

They stayed on the phone with me until the software was fully installed and working again & my PC was secured.

The whole process from Verizon Tech through McAfee Tech took approximately 1hr and 10min.

The only issues I had was understanding the heavy Indian accent from the McAfee Tech, but we got through it with a few "excuse me, can you repeat that again". And I wasnt able to save my session info from VzTech as the McAfee Tech closed all the windows in explorer oh well LOL

Thanks to the Verizon Tech team in assisting with the issues I had and getting it up and running again. Kudos!