WEB SPACE: Set up questions for picture hosting for eBay
barric
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need help with how to set up my web space to contain of 50 or 60 images that will be used in my eBay posting.

I have been through the tutorial but it does not expalin this.  It shows me how to add a picture to a given page, but I just cant figure how to do this:

I need to store JPG pictures in my web space.   Then be able to post the URL of 1 or more within an ebay listing, using HTML.

I would like to have this information on a sub page, reserving the first page of my Verizon web site to be a general about me page.

Thanks for any help getting me started in the right direction on page setup and access. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WEB SPACE: Set up questions for picture hosting for eBay
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

You need to connect to your webspace, which is usually mysite.verizon.net/username

once you are 'connected and logged in'

This is usually done used FTP (which is a DOS command, although you can configure Internet Explorer to do it for you).

FTP is on most systems already, go to the start menu and run 'command' which will bring up a DOS window.

Once in the DOS window CD to the directory with the images,

then type FTP at the command prompt

open mysite.verizon.net

<userid>

<password>

Binary (sets transmission to binary, which prevents messing up image files)

send file.jpg (you can send as many files as you want either one at a time or with a mput *.jpg)

help for command will give you a list of FTP commands

when done enter

close  (closes the connection)

bye <exits ftp>

exit (closes the DOS window)

Files so loaded can be refereced as http://mysite.verizon.net/username/file.jpg

I think FiOS users get 20mb to play with, DSL users get 10mb of space to work with.

General 'about me' page would be index.htm. html files are loaded as ASCII (default mode, or you can issue the ASCII command)

Hope that helps

Message Edited by mattheww50 on 01-24-2009 11:07 PM

View solution in original post

Re: WEB SPACE: Set up questions for picture hosting for eBay
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

You need to connect to your webspace, which is usually mysite.verizon.net/username

once you are 'connected and logged in'

This is usually done used FTP (which is a DOS command, although you can configure Internet Explorer to do it for you).

FTP is on most systems already, go to the start menu and run 'command' which will bring up a DOS window.

Once in the DOS window CD to the directory with the images,

then type FTP at the command prompt

open mysite.verizon.net

<userid>

<password>

Binary (sets transmission to binary, which prevents messing up image files)

send file.jpg (you can send as many files as you want either one at a time or with a mput *.jpg)

help for command will give you a list of FTP commands

when done enter

close  (closes the connection)

bye <exits ftp>

exit (closes the DOS window)

Files so loaded can be refereced as http://mysite.verizon.net/username/file.jpg

I think FiOS users get 20mb to play with, DSL users get 10mb of space to work with.

General 'about me' page would be index.htm. html files are loaded as ASCII (default mode, or you can issue the ASCII command)

Hope that helps

Message Edited by mattheww50 on 01-24-2009 11:07 PM