weird connection problem - for a week
LMSman
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DSL service spontaneously went out, and has been out for a week now, despite having talked to 4 unhelpful people at tech support and gone through EVERY troubleshooting technique they have on their checklist. Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated with Verizon.

From IE and Firefox - waiting for site to load. But the sites are found, and it seems DNS is working. 

Something I've noticed - I can't detect any WAN configuration in the modem settings.

Oh, and here's what I've tried:

- rebooting the modem (several times)

- hard resetting all modems (several times)

- tried three different modems on two computers

- logging into the modem

- confirmed all computer settings had not changed

- confirmed all modem lights were on

- confirmed my user ID in the modem profile settings

- pinged, tracert'd, DNS lookup: not only on all modems several times, but in the command prompt: and I could ping some sites

ANY other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric 

0 Likes
Re: weird connection problem - for a week
Johnnyrock312
I am having the same problem,,, Im located in Northeast PA, it seems about every 5 min when i load a new page the connection resets and the DSl light blinks for about a min.  Tech support flushed the DNS  and everything was fine for about 10min, then it started again.
0 Likes
Re: weird connection problem - for a week
ScorpioQueen35

Wow.. Mines too except that I've been dealing with this for 3 weeks now. Was told by tech support my alarm system needing a filter to resolve problem. Guess what 95 bucks later still NO CONNECTION. Changed phone wires/usb cables, etc. still nothing. I finally came to the conclusion it's the modem. It's 6 years old. I called up tech support and sure enough I need a new modem.

You may need  a new one too.  They are free of charge. So get a new one.

@LMSman wrote:

My DSL service spontaneously went out, and has been out for a week now, despite having talked to 4 unhelpful people at tech support and gone through EVERY troubleshooting technique they have on their checklist. Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated with Verizon.

From IE and Firefox - waiting for site to load. But the sites are found, and it seems DNS is working. 

Something I've noticed - I can't detect any WAN configuration in the modem settings.

Oh, and here's what I've tried:

- rebooting the modem (several times)

- hard resetting all modems (several times)

- tried three different modems on two computers

- logging into the modem

- confirmed all computer settings had not changed

- confirmed all modem lights were on

- confirmed my user ID in the modem profile settings

- pinged, tracert'd, DNS lookup: not only on all modems several times, but in the command prompt: and I could ping some sites

ANY other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric 

0 Likes