Westell 2100 Stopped Working
JustADog

All right, I've been trying to fix this thing myself, but I've only become more confused.  I'm no computer expert, so I'll have to be walked through any suggestions if it comes to manually changing an TCP/IP or something.

I've had this Westell 2100 in my service for years with no problems, then suddenly, it stopped working!  I went through the usual, turn of the modem, wait, turn back on, hold reset button for 30 sec, etc.  But no luck.  The Ethernet light is solid green, the power is solid green, but the ready light is blinking slowly.  Apparently that means it's trying to connect, but I can leave it there for an hour with no changes.  I thought maybe it was a problem with the phone cable, so I switch to a new one.  Still no changes.

Then I came here and saw a post somewhere saying that service to Westell 2100 was discontinued?  Does that mean I'm not getting service simply because of my modem and I need to buy a new one?  I want to make sure before I go out and buy one, only to find out it won't work either.

I don't know if this means anything but, we asked Verizon to stop our landline phone.  I'm pretty sure the modem was still working for a little while afterward, but I can't remember.

Any help, please?  I miss my home internet connection.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Westell 2100 Stopped Working
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JustADog wrote:

I don't know if this means anything but, we asked Verizon to stop our landline phone.  I'm pretty sure the modem was still working for a little while afterward, but I can't remember.

To me, that sounds like: the clue to what happened...

0 Likes
JustADog
Indeed it is. I used the phone box test jack and got nothing.  I'll have to make some calls.
0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

When you canceled your phone line, was there any discussion with the Verizon agent regarding your dsl service? If not, then it is likely that all of your services, phone and dsl internet were cancelled.

If you want dsl (also known as High Speed Internet) from Verizon, but no phone number, then you need to ask for "dryloop" service. This is DSL but no phone service.

0 Likes
Animefreak1983
Enthusiast - Level 1
My frist thought would also be your service disconnection. I had a simmilar experince happen with another compeny many years ago.
However if by chance that isnt the cause. Than then I would  suspect one of a few things. The top ones is ether the jack went bad(I seen this happen on a computer I worked on) or my brother had his modem go bad  despite the fact he just got it. Then of course there's the chance the line was damaged or a filter messed up(Assumming your using filters).

Hope this helps.