Westell 6100 home page freezes
jmcgrath8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a westell 6100 modem and I'm trying to check that it is in bridge mode for a wireless router. When I access the home page none of the tabs work and I'm unable to select VC Configuration from the Configuration tab. I have entered my username and password.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Westell 6100 home page freezes
jmcgrath8
Enthusiast - Level 2

As it turns out my Westell was malfunctioning. Since it was considered obsolete equipment by Verizon they replaced it the next day free of charge with the D-Link router.Customerservice was excellent and I appreciate all the help from the forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The main home page shoukd tell you if the modem is bridged, and what mode for bridged it is using. The page should also be rather empty. Away from that, consider disconnecting the modem from the phone line to see if that allows you into the pages you need to get to. Failing that, factory reset.

0 Likes
jmcgrath8
Enthusiast - Level 2

The home page shows PPP Status = Up. Disconnected phone line but still unable to open Configuration tab.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay, so PPP = Up means the modem is not bridged and is in fact operating as a full blown router itself (despite it having only one Ethernet port). Try giving it a factory reset if you haven't already.

Be aware when you reset it and log into the modem to perform the connection proces again via the modem's own Setup wizard (where you enter your Verizon Username and Password at initial setup), you'll want to visit http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm to disable the Walled Garden. Setup after a reset should only take a few minutes, no software required other than your web browser, assuming you do it via http://192.168.1.1/

Be aware, the username and password defaults to admin/password. This will have to be changed.

jmcgrath8
Enthusiast - Level 2

As it turns out my Westell was malfunctioning. Since it was considered obsolete equipment by Verizon they replaced it the next day free of charge with the D-Link router.Customerservice was excellent and I appreciate all the help from the forum.

0 Likes