Westell 6110 - No web page
BobM
I tried http://192.168.1.1 and I get no connection. It says "web page not found." I've tried it with both an connection via Ethernet and via USB and neither will let me get to the configuration data. I desperately need to get there as one of the Verizon techs had me reset the modem and now I can no longer use it with a router. Since I have a multiple computers and an IP phone, this is completely not acceptable.
0 Likes
Re: Westell 6110 - No web page
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Find the Default Gateway on your computer.

This means, if you are Windows XP.....

Go to Start -> Run.

Type in cmd and press enter.

In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

.. #2 and then go to the default gateway with your web browser.

Does that work?
0 Likes
RuthieW
I couldn't get the page to load using IE 7.  It loads right away using FireFox browser.  Incompatability with IE 7, I guess.  If nothing else works, it's worth a try.  Good Luck
0 Likes
BobM
I tried the default gateway from ipconfig /all in both IE7 and Foxfire with out any success.
0 Likes
BobM
I'd already tried both IE7 and Foxfire with 192.169.1.1 with no success.
0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

I thought the 6110 is a modem.  So that would mean that you have the modem, talking to the router, talking to the PC.  Resetting the modem would have no bearing on the PC talking to the router.  It might muck up your conversations with the internet, but it sounds like you are trying to get into the router with a 192.168.1.1 ip address.

What is your PC's IP address?  The router would be xxx.xxx.xxx.1   Where xxx are the first three triplets of your PC ip address.  Is it possible your router has a new local lan ip address?

to find out, get your pc ip address, start/run/cmd/ipconfig 

0 Likes
BobM
It doesn't matter whether I'm connected directly to the modem via Ethernet or USB or connected via the router, I still get nothing from http://192.168.1.1 except "Page not found."
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BobM wrote:
I'd already tried both IE7 and Foxfire with 192.169.1.1 with no success

Very strange.

#1 Are you sure that you reset the Wesell 6110 correctly?

For most routers, this means..

a) Hold the reset button while you turn off the power to the router.

b) While still holding the reset button, turn in the power to the router.

#2 Do have any other router? If so, which one do you have?

[EDIT] When I went to http://www.westell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=202&arcsection=support

Clicked on Documentation, and then I did read it.

-

Maybe that device is not a router.
Message Edited by dslr595148 on 04-25-2009 02:24 PM
0 Likes
BobM
Again, I repeat that I can't access the 6110 with or without the router between it and me. It will only connect my computer to the internet if i directly connect it to the computer. With the router in between I get NO internet connection either.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BobM wrote:
Again, I repeat that I can't access the 6110 with or without the router between it and me. It will only connect my computer to the internet if i directly connect it to the computer. With the router in between I get NO internet connection either.
Ok, When directly connected to the modem. #1 Check your IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Settings. This means if you are on Windows.. Go to start -> run. Type in cmd and press enter. Then in the new window type in ipconfig /all and press enter. #2 Compare the IP Address(es) on your computer to the external IP Address as shown at http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm -- Is that external IP on your computer? Note: Your computer may have more than one NIC. Please be sure to check all of the NICs listed...
0 Likes