Westell Model 6100 G Internet LIght goes off
lj0hnl
Westell Model 6100G Internet LIght goes off. This is my second time trying Verizon Highspeed DSL after they first scammed me and cancelled my account on the service date. Without any choice, I had to REORDER the product again with an additional cost and a new contract. It was more professional this time with a phone call and a card to notify me when my service date was ready. However, again on the service date which was yesterday on 2-2-10, I tried to reinstall my Verizon DSL but my internet light never flashes or is at a solid green. This is very frustrating, for I have installed and troubleshooted countless times using the CD provided. Also, I have disabled my home secruity system and connected a filter to each phone at my house. I have hard resetted my modem and even pulling out all the wires and putting them in again. I have been waiting for my DSL Highspeed for over 2 months now and I really want any necessary help PLEASE. I especially want a REAL VERIZON employer to reply with any suggestions. I run a windows 7 and the two lights(data and dsl) are constantly blinking but never the interent light. My computer gets an IP from the modem but its constantly connected as with "limited connectivity" and i dont understand why verizon wont let me connect. HELPPPP :(((
0 Likes
Re: Westell Model 6100 G Internet LIght goes off
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi lj0hnl, sorry you've had so much trouble trying to use your DSL service.  If you're still having this issue, this information may be useful to get it working:

All Westell and ActionTec modems that are being shipped to all customers now have a factory setting ENABLED by default known as Walled Garden. Walled Garden causes a no route situation (unable to connect to the internet or surf) within the modem in order to force registration via the Web Based Activation site. In order for a customer to route (or connect to the internet or surf) with these modems, Walled Garden must be turned off or disabled. For new customers this can be accomplished by completing the WBA activation website.

Assuming you've already accepted the terms of service agreement, you can go to this URL to manully disable the Walled Garden:  For the Westell 327 and 6100 Modems use http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm

Keep in mind that you will need to do this again if you get a new modem or reset this one. Hope this helps.