Westell versalink 327W model A90 327W1506?
venomdrink

so i lost the verizon or dsl installation cd disk. what should i do?

Is there a file of the disk that i can download?
cause im usin my friend computer cause i have no internet someone help me!!

0 Likes
Re: Westell versalink 327W model A90 327W1506?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 No CD is needed, if you have a copy of the manual / user guide.

http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/VersaLink327WGatewayUserGuide.pdf

#2 Since I use Google Docs to read it,  I use https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/VersaLink327WGatewayUserGuide.pdf&embedded=true&chrome=true

#3 At that Google docs URL, on page 9 out of 166, it talks about the different stats lights.

a) What is the color of the power light, if on?

b) It has 4 Ethernet Lights. Which, if any are lit?

c) It has a wireless light, is it lit (or flashing)?

d) What color is the DSL Light, if on?

e) What color is the Internet Light, if on?

#4 If your computer is not using wireless:

a) Is it directly connected to this modem?

b) If not connected directly to the modem, what is the brand and model of the device that it is connected to?

--

This is plenty of questions, I have to ask you for now.

0 Likes
venomdrink

only the internet have no color?

maybe this will help..The internet was red 2 days before so i press the reset button on the back and after that nothing show up? this happen before but i use the cd and it work after but now i cant find the cd 😞

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@venomdrink wrote:

maybe this will help..The internet was red 2 days before so i press the reset button on the back and after that nothing show up? this happen before but i use the cd and it work after but now i cant find the cd 😞

Oh, boy..

--

Solid red, does not mean reset the device.

#1 If your router is handling is using DHCP:

a) The DHCP Server that the modem combo connects to is down?

b) The DHCP Server that the modem combo connects to, has no more IP Address(es) to hand out.

#2 If your router is handling is using PPPoE:

a) The PPPoE server that the modem combo connects to is down?

b) The PPPoE & DHCP Server that the modem combo connects to, has no more IP Address(es) to hand out?

c) OR last but not least, you have the wrong user name and password in the modem combo - But in this case, unless I am mistaken, reseting the modem combo back to the defaults would not help you any.

--

Behind this modem combo:

#1 Connect your computer to one of the Ethernet ports:

a) this way you will not need the drivers for the USB connection.

b) If you used USB, you could only connect one computer to the modem comb - so with the Ethernet ports you can connect up to 4. If you need to connect more than 4 computers, please post.

#2 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers on your computer.

For example if you are using Windows XP..

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#3 With your web browser go to the Default Gateway.

Type in the current user name and password of the router. By default, admin is the user name. And by default, password is the password.

--

#4 Follow the rest of the directions at

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/VersaLink7500UserGuide.pdf&embedded=true&chrome=true

starting at page 32 (if you are using the Red and Black Firmware).

0 Likes
venomdrink

so i made a profile and everything (: but then when i go and use the internet it brings me to the verizon broadband access and i type in my numbers for account and it say enable and it just say close O.o then i open again and it pops back up its not workin 😞

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok, I know I think I know what is going on.

The walled garden feature is on.

Turn it off, following the details at http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16040

--

If that fails, I will look around and see if I have a CD around...

0 Likes
venomdrink

i dont think the link work? or maybe im doin it wrong but is there another way to turn that wall off?

0 Likes
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

If using the CD fixed your problem on the past, that rules out a lot of reasons for the problem.

This might be a clue:  when you use the CD, one of the steps the CD goes through is to conduct a line test.  To do this line test, it needs to log into the gateway at Verizon's end.  The CD does not use your userid/password pair  for this log in.  Instead, it uses a generic userid and password that the gateway recognizes for installation purposes.

From here, things could go in two directions:  if the CD proceeds to completion, it will ask you for your userid and password, and set the 327W up to use that pair  for login to the gateway.  If you give it a valid pair, all is well.  If at a later point in time you change your password with Verizon,  that change has to propagate to the 327W.  If that propagation doesn't happen,  the 327W will eventually exhibit exactly the symptoms you outlined.

The other direction things could go in is this:  you abandon the CD installation process before it completes, and the 327W is left with the userid/password pair that the CD used for installation purposes.  That turns out to work ok, even though Verizon doesn't advertise this fact.  When you get through the gateway, and are directed to your home page, you still have to enter the correct userid/password pair to sign into the home page, but you will be given the option to remain logged in for two weeks.

Most people take this option on their home computer, but this has nothing to do with whether the 327W is going to be able to get  the green light on the internet. 

If you can't find the CD, and if DSLR can't get you one,  and if there's no place to download the equivalent,  you still have an option:  learn how to control the 327W via the administrator interface.  Once you know that, you can set the userid/password pair the 327W uses to log into the gateway correctly. 

Once everything is working as it should,  you can use the 327W admin interface to backup the current settings.  That will prevent a reset from screwing things up.

If you need to learn how to use the admin interface to the 327W,  let me know.

venomdrink

teach me? i already have an account? but it does look like the walled garden thing is on so how do i turn it off?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Idea number one:

#1 Try going to https://activate.verizon.net/launch/welcome

#2 Folllow the directions there.

#3 If this solves the issue, pleae mark as sovled.

0 Likes