What does it take to get the service I pay for?
bigmike4511
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the past 2 1/2 months or so, my DSL service has been about as reliable as a politician's promise, in other words, not at all.

When I first called, I must have gotten lucky, because I actually talked to someone who spoke understandable English, and who, after I told him that I was not a computer novice, gave up on the "reboot your computer and reboot the modem" garbage (I had done all the basic troubleshooting tests prior to calling) He also tried to tell me that the problem was in my home wiring, but when informed that the problem existed with a direct connection to the network interface, dropped that attempt..

He determined that the problem was my modem, and after I refused to place an order for one through Verizon, finally decided to send me a new one at no cost. I also was promised a credit on my bill for the time I had no service.

After several days, a package arrived, and it contained a modem / wireless router combo. I installed it, did the set ups, and had some strange results on the network status page including it telling me that the broadband was connected and the internet was continually attempting to connect. I was able to access the internet, but knowing that this is was not right, called tech support again.

This time I reached the proverblal "Peggy" who I could not understand. After asking him to repeat himself many times, and then asking if there was someone who actually spoke understandable Engilsh (and his refusal to connect me to anyone else)  I finally gave up.

I had to leave town on business for a few days, and while I was away, my wife called to tell me I had a package delivered. It turns out that this was a second modem/ router with a note (demand) that I return the first one within a short period of time, or be charged some outlandish fee.

I installed the second replacement, including changing the wiring and power supply, and set the wireless up again.  It seemed to work better, than the first one. I am still having quite a few problems. The internet will drop out  with no rhyme or reason, sometimes it will show the broadband connected and the internet not, sometimes (and this is really bad) is shows that the internet is connected but the broadband is disconnected. Seeing as the broadband is needed for an internet connection, this really makes no sense.

When the internet cuts out, I often have to unplug the connection from the modem, plug it into the phone (phone line is not normally hooked up) make a call of some kind, even to my own number) and then plug the cable back into the modem. I usually will get internet back then, sometimes for thirty seconds, sometimes for several hours.

On my last call for support, I was told by a so called supervisor that if they were to send someone out to check things, they would be converting me to FIOS (something I do not want to do for many reasons, including the attiude and trespassing of a FIOS installer trying to run cables across my yard where there is no easement, rather than running them in the easement which was further.

The bill credits I was promised?  They are like Verizon reliablity, they are missing.

Is there any reason I should not change to another carrier after being with Verizon for over 20 years?

Re: What does it take to get the service I pay for?
GSmitty25
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spent 2 hours on a chat with them...

Turns out...

He says I have High Speed Internet, I say I have High Speed Internet Enhanced

He tells me I should be happy with my speed test, I tell him I should be receiving what I am paying for and it is beneath the 3.1 Mbps to 7.0 Mbps I am paying for.

He says the repair service cannot see my account stuff only billing. I insist I am paying for High Speed Enhanced.

2 hours in I am told that Repair is arguing with Billing over what service I have.

I tell him Billing will win.

He finally calls me direct, and am told to close the chat. I am told I am correct all along and will receive credit to my account for them not giving me the proper speed for years of service I paid for and did not receive. 

--------

I could not understand half of what he was saying to me. He says he will not e-mail me any information. I have no clue his name because try as I might I could not understand him. He says it will resolve in a few days and they will contact me. 

This is service? I should now take the word of a company that has underserved me for years, from a guy on the other side of the world who cannot be understood and who is unitelligible over the phone, that won't send me any of the information via e-mail and had me intentionally close the chat session that they will properly resolve this issue. 

bigmike4511
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now looking at my bill, I find I was charged for an unreturned equipment fee when the modem was packed, and the return ticket attached. The package was then dropped in the correct drop box. Now I will have to waste more time fighing that charge, and trying to get the credits promised me.

Right now cable is looking so good in comparison

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes