Why can't I get DSL in Northern Virginia?????????????????
gasva911

Hello all, and I hope Verizon is out there somewhere. I live in Midland, VA. I am 1 mile away from Route 28, who's right-of-way houses the major communications pipeline for the eastern coast of the US, and I can not get DSL at my home. I have a Verizon land line and cell phones, but Verizon does not offer DSL. I am forced to use Hughesnet (or dial-up). The elementary school a few miles away has a T1 line, but I can't get DSL. I live in a regular neighborhood, with a county park at the end of the street. We have paved streets,underground utilities and don't have a goat path for a driveway, but no DSL. I contact Verizon constantly and get: "Oh, well you know we're upgrading our services all over the area, I'm sure it will be available in a few months", but still no DSL. What gives?????????????

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I get DSL in Northern Virginia?????????????????
VZ_Erik
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately DSL is not available everywhere. In order for a customer to be eligible for DSL, the service location must be within a certain distance of the CO, which is probably the case here. I know you said you spoke to various Verizon reps already but if you would like, I can verify once again for you. Just private message me your Verizon Telephone Number if you do.

0 Likes