Wifi intermittent on Verizon DSL
gtd123

I have had Verizon HS DSL for about a month.  The router seems to connect well with the internet, and the DSL and internet lights are usually green.  However, there is intermittent wifi connectivity for my various devices - but not all at the same time.  As I write this on my Asus laptop, my Dell desktop cannot even see the connection - although the router is in the same room, about six feet away.  Yesterday, it was almost the opposite - my iPad could not see the wireless router, although the Dell was connected at the same time.  Other times, some of the devices connect to the wifi network fine but report that there is no internet behind it - although the green internet light on the router is on, and other devices work fine.

All of these devices worked fine on the router i used to have before we moved.  I have turned the router on and off several times.  

It appears the router is flaky.  I have looked through this forum and not seen this problem described over the last several months.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Greg

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi intermittent on Verizon DSL
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Hello Greg. Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with wireless. Could be many things effecting the wireless connections. First start by rebooting the router. Turning it off and back on. If you are still having troubles, log into the router interface and change the wireless channel to another number. If you still are having the problems, try doing a factory reset on the router by holding the reset button in the back for 15 seconds with a toothpick. Please post back if you are still in need of assistance.

DaisyRider

How/where do I sign in to change the channel?  I cannot connect at all at night, even sitting in the same room. I think it must be a new neighbor, because everything is fine in the mornings.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
In order to answer the question about, how to change the channel: It would help to know the brand and model of your router.
0 Likes