Wireless Security
elkrott

I just installed Verizon and it set up security on my wireless so i have to enter password.

As i dont need this security is there anyway to disable this security?

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Security
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

elkrott wrote:

I just installed Verizon and it set up security on my wireless so i have to enter password.

As i dont need this security is there anyway to disable this security?

What did you install and when does it ask you to enter a password? When you try to connect to the router wirelessly?
0 Likes
elkrott

Thanks I just fixed my problem by changing my wireless to Shared.

Now if I can fiqure out a way to change the name of my network to something other than my modem serial number.

0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

elkrott wrote:

Thanks I just fixed my problem by changing my wireless to Shared.

Now if I can fiqure out a way to change the name of my network to something other than my modem serial number.

If already don't have a computer directly connected to the router, connect a computer/laptop via an ethernet cable.

Open up an internet explorer window and in the address bar type in 192.168.1.1

You will be prompted for a user and password. Type in the following (not including the ")

- user = "admin"

- password = "password!" (that's an exclamation point at the end of password

That will give you access to the router setup pages. You should see a field named SSID. In that field you should be able to enter a name and that name will be used as your wireless network name.

Give it a try. If it doesn't work or you have problems, post them here and I am sure someone will help.

0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, I forgot this was in the DSL section. If you have DSL and an Actiontec router try

user = "admin"

password = "password" (no exclamation point)

0 Likes
elkrott
TY I changed my network name. password!   did not work but just password did.
0 Likes